cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion not working

sivaji
I'm a participant level 3

I ordered a plan for Black Friday to pay $10.00 for $240 overall per month but my bill is showing $50 a month for $1200 overall. I'm unsure who to contact to get it fixed

7 REPLIES 7

Polar24
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have the same problem with the FE20. I got charged $50 in the bill and there was no credit in the monthly charges section. I contacted Fido and the analyst created the hardware adjustment case for me. She said it will take couples days to get the update.

Mcflor1
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

CFD9EC24-4893-4177-BC93-9FA3FBC8CDEC.jpeg

Hey @Polar24,

That sounds about right! Feel free to contact us at anytime if you'd like an update on your case. You can reach out to us through any of our customer service channels to get started!  

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @sivaji,

Happy new year!

Is it a plan or a device? I'm unaware of any plan for $10/month, if it is for a device you should note if you receive a discount/promotion on the device finance that promotion is applied as a bill credit the monthly finance amount for the contract always remains at full price. 

So if you finance a device that is $50/month and you got a promotion that gives you $40 off then you will receive the $40 as a bill credit to offset the finance portion of the device.

sivaji

Hi, 

I haven't received a bill yet as the first payment is the 8th of January. It was to finance a new device for Black Friday (Samsung 20 FE for $10 a month). When I checked online, it's saying the device is $10

Mcflor1
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

E99E38F5-F6C2-4C87-84E0-02EDAC262E65.jpeg

Hello Sivaji,

Happy New Year!

As previously mentioned, the $10 advertised for financing is likely After bill credit. It's a common misconception that the monthly cost of those phones are reduced. However, that is technically not the case. The monthly cost of the phone remains the same but customers are getting a credit on their bill to offset the cost of the phone. So the device financing would remain $50 per month (plus taxes).

Since you haven't received a your bill, it's possible your bill credit will be listed on your upcoming bill.

It has been mentioned that the credits do not reduce the actual cost of the phone. That point becomes relevant if the contract is ended prematurely. If you terminate your contract early, you will be required to pay the remaining balance owed on the device. The balance owed would not be $10 x remaining months, but rather $50 x remaining months (plus taxes). The remaining credits would no longer be applicable.

If you would like to verify the bill credit is on your account, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers