cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with bill: Rate increase after 9 months?!

PaulR
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I received notice that my rate is going up by $5/month for each of the two phone lines I pay for. The notice was buried on the third page of my prior month's bill in small font.

I just signed on a Winback deal in June of 2021. As part of the Winback, the rep asked why I originally left Fido: The reason was because my price was increased and no one would help me. The rep assured me this wouldn't happen again, and offered me a deal to switch from my other provider. He told me my rate and plan benefits were locked in and wouldn't expire. I never received any documents to sign -- the whole deal was done by the phone and initiated by Fido on a cold call; I simply received an email confirming my line had been activated after I gave verbal consent. I gave my card number of the phone, Fido mailed me my SIM cards... there was no consent or signature provided to a written contract, my consent and the contract was completely verbal. Perhaps Fido can go back and listen to the conversation?

Skip ahead 9 months and my rate has increased. To the relevant Fido employee who deals with PM's: Please contact me. I would like help resolving this. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

KellyGe
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

The same thing just happened to me. I added a second line a few months ago with a promo offer, now the price went up with tiny fond of notice on the bill. Would anyone read their monthly bills in details every month? And this is an one sided contract that the customer never agreed on. I contacted CS through Chat, they can't do anything about it, and suggested to call a number he provided, I was on the line with the automated music for about 45 mins and no one picks up the call. I feel like this is such a scam way of Fido treating their loyalty customers.

Cm2017
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

The same thing happened to me.  Fido winback team promised me a rate for two years, and then after only a year, Fido raised my rate.

It seems like it's easy to lure customers back to Fido with an attractive price and then just decide to raise the price.

Hello @PaulR , sorry to hear that happened to you. As we are community forum peers helping each other out, we cannot help with account issues. You will have to contact Fido customer support Here by one of the methods offered. I, personally prefer contacting fidosolutions on Twitter as the communication doesn't require sitting on a phone call. I hope you are able to get a resolution