Price is to high!

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Price is to high!

My ''new'' 2 yrs old phone is paid up now and if I don't see a price reduction on my next invoice, this is it!! Been with Rogers, (Fido for my daughter) and now Fido since 2001!! I pay my bills on time every single month! I was looking at the new horribly high new plan prices! It's crazy. I will switch to competition that offers price reduction for loyalty, plans with a bit less data but much, much better prices. I am ok with Wifi, and a little data for times that I can't get Wifi. Competition not only offers rebates for loyalty after one month, but for prepaying. Same great Canadian network coverage, basically seems very similar to Fido and Rogers, with less bells and whistle that are not necessary. For some years Rogers gave me a great discounted plan for loyalty, but getting almost free service, no, which I will have with competition if I stay with them for 18 years like I have been with Rogers/Fido. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: Price is to high!

Hey there @UneSuzanne,

We're truly sorry you feel that way about your Fido services. To clarify, your Fido plan does not change once your 2 year term is over unless you choose to do so. In other words, if you have a more expensive plan with a tab, you can choose to renew your contract by upgrading your phone or simply switch to a Bring Your Own Phone plan and lower your monthly fees.

We'd be more than happy to go over the available offers and promotions with you. As an existing customer, you would also have targeted offers available. You can reach out to us at these channels so we can review your account together, or we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

Hope this clarifies, and let us know if you have any questions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

Thanks for the clarification. My current phone is fine for likely another 2 yrs. I"m trying to reduce expenses and the only way if I stay with Fido is through the $40/month plan, where I reduce by only 2$, and keep my current 1 Gb, unlimited Canada minutes and unlimited international txt. Competition offers the same (w .5 GB extra) plan at 35$/month, and will offer further discounts -2$/mo for pre authorized paymnts, and further discount of -$1/mo each year of loyalty. If I count my loyalty to Rogers and Fido, I would have a Credit of 18$/mo, this year, if Rogers/Fido/Chatr would offer the same. I became a Rogers customer when I was working in Rogers pagette A/R 😉, then cable department (Toronto). I know CSV will try to upgrade customers, and not sure how much they are willing to reduce our bills to keep customers now. Not sure how many ppl work in A/R now, but then, it was about 100? they need to pay to get clients to pay their bills! If ppl like me, paying each month on time, reduce the cost of having an A/R department, maybe the credit ''reward'' is an idea they should consider. In the meantime, they will lose loyal/paying customers!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @UneSuzanne

We'd be sad to see you go after all this time Sad Let me send you a PM and we will help you find the most cost-effective option based on your needs. 

Talk soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4