cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price is to high!

UneSuzanne
I'm a participant level 2

My ''new'' 2 yrs old phone is paid up now and if I don't see a price reduction on my next invoice, this is it!! Been with Rogers, (Fido for my daughter) and now Fido since 2001!! I pay my bills on time every single month! I was looking at the new horribly high new plan prices! It's crazy. I will switch to competition that offers price reduction for loyalty, plans with a bit less data but much, much better prices. I am ok with Wifi, and a little data for times that I can't get Wifi. Competition not only offers rebates for loyalty after one month, but for prepaying. Same great Canadian network coverage, basically seems very similar to Fido and Rogers, with less bells and whistle that are not necessary. For some years Rogers gave me a great discounted plan for loyalty, but getting almost free service, no, which I will have with competition if I stay with them for 18 years like I have been with Rogers/Fido. 

5 REPLIES 5

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @UneSuzanne,

We're truly sorry you feel that way about your Fido services. To clarify, your Fido plan does not change once your 2 year term is over unless you choose to do so. In other words, if you have a more expensive plan with a tab, you can choose to renew your contract by upgrading your phone or simply switch to a Bring Your Own Phone plan and lower your monthly fees.

We'd be more than happy to go over the available offers and promotions with you. As an existing customer, you would also have targeted offers available. You can reach out to us at these channels so we can review your account together, or we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

Hope this clarifies, and let us know if you have any questions.

UneSuzanne

Thanks for the clarification. My current phone is fine for likely another 2 yrs. I"m trying to reduce expenses and the only way if I stay with Fido is through the $40/month plan, where I reduce by only 2$, and keep my current 1 Gb, unlimited Canada minutes and unlimited international txt. Competition offers the same (w .5 GB extra) plan at 35$/month, and will offer further discounts -2$/mo for pre authorized paymnts, and further discount of -$1/mo each year of loyalty. If I count my loyalty to Rogers and Fido, I would have a Credit of 18$/mo, this year, if Rogers/Fido/Chatr would offer the same. I became a Rogers customer when I was working in Rogers pagette A/R 😉, then cable department (Toronto). I know CSV will try to upgrade customers, and not sure how much they are willing to reduce our bills to keep customers now. Not sure how many ppl work in A/R now, but then, it was about 100? they need to pay to get clients to pay their bills! If ppl like me, paying each month on time, reduce the cost of having an A/R department, maybe the credit ''reward'' is an idea they should consider. In the meantime, they will lose loyal/paying customers!

Hi @UneSuzanne

Thank you for your feedback Smiley

KingXi
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I agree with OP, the prices are terrible. I've paid 60$ a month for 24 months now on a phone that has depreciated to less than 400$ retail. My monthly bills are always above $100 and I barely use my phone service. There is of course no easy way on this system to even pay your device off to end the terrible device contract. The gouging is real, and there's hardly any way to get action taken on your behalf from support. I doubt they'd even let me delete my account if I tried for weeks. Getting a device plan with Fido was one of the worst mistakes I've made financially that year and will never forget the feeling of paying up to $150 a month for service I barely use.

Hello @KingXi,

The device depreciation has nothing to do with Fido as technology advances older tech will depreciate as with everything else. 

You made the decision to get the device at that time because it would have made sense to you and instead of paying the full price Fido give you a way to afford the device and pay it off in monthly installments just like financing a car.

As for your overall monthly payments when on a post-paid account you agree to pay the monthly fee regardless if you use the services or not and this goes for all the other carriers if you have already paid out your device and the monthly fees for the plan are too much then you can consider looking for a cheaper plan or even switch to a pre-paid line.