cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid Data add on

GLinc
I'm a participant level 2

I am currently on a $10 (40 cents a minute) prepaid plan.

If I add the $10 / 100 MB data add-on to my account, is the $10 charge deducted from my existing prepaid balance each month?...i.e. I will not be charged an additional $10 to my regular $10 plan auto top up every month?

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello GLinc,

Could you please clarify what you mean by:

@GLinc wrote:...I am currently on a $10 (40 cents a minute) prepaid plan....

Is your plan the grandfathered Anytime 40¢ per minute plan and you top-up $10 monthly to extend the expiry date or does your plan have a monthly cost associated with it?

If your plan is the former, you might need to verify whether the data add-on is compatible with that plan. If the add-on is available for your plan, the charge would be deducted from your account balance. If your balance has sufficient funds to accommodate the charge, then you wouldn't need to top-up more than the monthly minimum to extend the expiry date.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

GLinc

Yes...my plan is the grandfathered Anytime 40¢ per minute plan and I top-up $10 monthly to extend the expiry date.

When I went thru 611 to add the $10 / 100 MB data add-on to my account it did allow me to proceed (so I assume that this data add-on is compatible with my current plan)...it just was not clear if $10 charge would be deducted from my existing prepaid balance or charged to my credit card in addition to my regular auto top up each month...so I aborted the add on until I could get clarifiction on that.

Thanks for the reply 😊