Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrade

Maki0602
I'm a participant level 2

Hello.

1. Looking to upgrade my phone since I just finished paying for it. (I've been with fido for 6 years now.. and had 2 phone upgrades...)

My current plan shows that it has a 38.17/ month phone payment included on a 24 month contract.

I'd like to renew the contract and pay the difference between the full price of the phone and the 24 month charge (I.e. 1800 - 24x38.17) = 884

• Thank!
5 REPLIES 5

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Maki0602!

Welcome to the Community! 

In order to go over your upgrade options, you'll need to get in touch with customer service. You can find all our servicing channels here.

Otherwise, we can send you a PM here in the community. 

Let us know what you prefer. 

Maki0602

what's the best way to reach customer service?

Thank you

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Maki0602,

The best was to contact customer support is to dial *611 from your Fido phone. 

You can also contact them through any of the available methods listed here.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Maki0602,

Fido recently change to a device financing structure only, since you just finished with your old contract it's most likely your plan is not compatible with the new structure and you would need to switch to a current in-market plan in order to finance a new device or you can keep your current plan but it will continue as a month-to-month plan and you will not be able to finance a device.

You can get more information regarding the new Fido Payment Program here.

Maki0602

So disappointed that every time.e I upgrade the answer I get is sorry, plans have changed you ha e to pay more.( paying more for less)