cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Upgrade - Pickup Refused

karank010
I'm a participant level 2

I was denied a phone pickup, the store said they need ID proofs, I had my international passport and a valid study permit. I asked them to consider this, they said they can't consider my study permit since it has a expiry date of november 2021, I explained I'm on applied work permit status, govt. says my study permit is and will be valid till I receive a new one but fido has different opinion. I told them I will receive my permit within a month and can update later if wanted, they asked me to come after a month for pickup then! I asked if I can show my credit card, my permanent full time job contract any various other documents as proof and they said they cannot accept it. They suggested me to order the phone and have it deliver to the address, I asked them if I can do that why can't I just pick it up from the store, I was confused. They later canceled my pickup order since they could not change the delivery method if an order has been placed. I even talked with the customer support online for the same issue and they told me that IDs are valid and ask the store to call them and on calling the store again they say the same story. Also the customer service agent told me that once the order has been cancelled I would not get the same deal back, whereas the store did not inform me anysuch thing while cancelling my order. So basically, after 3 hours of hustle for a phone pickup, my order gets cancelled, I lose the deal and there' no help. I have been asked to visit the store on Tuesday they said the manager will be present and I can talk to him, but I'm wondering if this is going to result in me getting the phone deal atleast.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @karank010,

Welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear if was more complicated than expected to pick-up your phone.

Did you have this resolved yet?

If not, feel free to contact us over these methods so we can look into it with you. 

Vaishvik7601
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello @FidoAnthonyZ ,

I faced a similar situation today at the 300 borough drive, Scarborough branch. The reasoning they gave me was illogical and they could not answer half of my questions properly. I managed to get the employee ID and the name of the employee who denied my study permit as a valid ID and did not give me the phone which was in her hand at the time.  Hope you can help me out.

Hey @Vaishvik7601,

Sorry to learn that you were refused the phone. 

Once you receive the email that your order is ready for pickup, you can visit the store. You must be the account holder & bring two valid IDs. Normally customers are required to bring the same two IDs used to activate the account. However, if customer is a Non-Canadian resident, they have to bring their Foreign Passport and a Work or Study Permit.

What did the store rep say about it specifically?

Did you have both IDs on you?

karank010

I resolved it by ordering the phone directly to my home instead of in-store pickup, and the customer support at Fido were helpful by appliying the same promo I used while placing the order for first time.

Thank you for letting us know! We're glad you were able to resolve it.