cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper Bills

JoeInvestor
I'm a participant level 2

I was informed that paper billing will be cancelled. I would prefer not to have this happen. 

6 REPLIES 6

Mustydoug
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I also am disappointed with the change to email billing. My first 2 years with Fido has been very good and expires in December. If email billing is the only form of billing, can you refer me to a provider who still uses paper billing. 

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JoeInvestor. Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post. Smiley 

That's correct, we're transitioning to online billing for many reasons. Mostly, we believe it provides more flexibility and a simplified billing experience, while remaining environmentally friendly. 

With your online MyAccount you have access to up to 18 months of bill history in your records. They come in PDF format and can be printed at your convenience to keep in your personal records. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

JoeInvestor

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

While I understand that providing online billing will provide flexibility, removing options to pay my bill is providing less flexibility in my view. 

Due to data loss and security of storing data in the cloud, I will likely have to print out my bill to have a paper copy, which shifts the cost of providing the bill and the time required to access the records to me. Eighteen months may not be a long enough period to store records in some instances such as a tax audit where records may be required for up to 7 years. 

Thank you for listening. 

Thanks for sharing your concerns, @JoeInvestor!

We get where your coming from but, there's no need to worry! We've got you!

If you need a bill older than the last 18 month, just get in contact with customer service and they can send out a copy for you. 

Bazi

Yea call you so you charge us an additional 10$ for a service that you should provide regardless... I don’t want electronic bills as I’m to old and not into this computer online none sense... I want the option to select how I get my bill not have it chosen for me

Hey @Bazi

The $10 fee only applies for a few transactions that can actually be done by yourself through our self-serve options. If you need assistance with these or anything related to online billing, we're definitely here to help. Smiley

You can find the details here

Hope this clarifies!