cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all text messages

Ayoolaakins
I'm a participant level 3

Recently, I have not been receiving all the text messages that people send to me. I'm getting messages from both android and iPhone users so it doesn't seem to be BC of a certain type of phone. Currently have the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. Anyone else experiencing this and could hopefully help me?

18 REPLIES 18

gordonzhang2257
I'm a participant level 1

Can someone help please?

I am not receiving these security codes from all agencies, insititutions. 

I can receive other kinds of texts. I can send texts.  But just miss these security codes. 

Thanks.

Hello @gordonzhang2257,

Welcome to the community!

You definitely should be receiving these. Have you tried using your SIM card in another phone? Rebooting your phone? 

Let us know.

Max__

This didn't work for me.

I receive all sent SMS to me just after I TURN ON DATA!

I am using iPhone 6

Hello Max_,

Welcome to the community!

Are you sure the messages you received are SMS? Since you're using an iPhone, is it possible those messages were iMessages? Those messages would be transmitted via the internet and would need data to transmit.

Alternatively, is it possible those messages were MMS rather than SMS? Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) does not necessarily imply picture messages. Messages with subject headings (possibly even if left blank) will send via MMS rather than SMS. Additionally, group messages also send as MMS. Furthermore, newer phones might send long-SMS as a single MMS rather than multiple SMSs. If those messages were indeed MMS, data would need to be enabled to send/receive those messages.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Ayoolaakins! 

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

Are you receiving some of your text messages? When you don't receive them, are you in an area where you have a lower network connection? 

Ayoolaakins

I am receiving some of them but most of the time I'm only receiving 3/10 messages sent to me. Usually when I message the person first, it works perfectly but if not then I don't know they have messaged me till they tell me in person

AymanxD

Hi FidoMegan,

I am having a similar problem. I recently moved from Ontario to Nova Scotia. Ever since then I haven't been recieving certain text messages. I am in an area where I have lower connectivity. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy s6.

Thank you for your time.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @AymanxD, welcome to the Community Very_Happy

We'll check this out with you as you should definitely be receiving all your texts.

Keep an eye on your inbox, I'm sending you a PM so we can take a look Smiley

See you there!

Rami2
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I have been experiencing the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I intermittently am not getting texts from my wife and friend, who are also both on the Fido network. It is really frustrating because I want reliable texting. If I wanted unreliable service, I'd switch to Freedom Mobile. Please help.

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Rami2

Can you let us know if you have all the recent updates on your phone?

Have you also tried your SIM in a different device to see if that still happens?

Hey @Ayoolaakins

Any update on this? Keep us posted!

Ayoolaakins

@FidoChristina still having the same problems

Hey @Ayoolaakins

Any error message on your end when you try to send a message?

Ayoolaakins

@FidoKenny nope can send all messages normally with no problem. The only problem is that I am not receiving all of my messages. There would be times where people message me but I never received them. I would only know about then bc they would ask me if I got their message

Hey @Ayoolaakins

Thank you for sharing these updates.

Do you know if this always happens with the same numbers?

Ayoolaakins

@FidoPierre no it's most of my contacts. They would message me but I wouldn't actually get the message. I would only see the last message sent

When you suspect you're not receiving all the SMS your contacts sent you, here's a few things you can try. Remember not to use a 3rd party app (iMessage, Android Message, WhatsApp, etc...) for the tests.

1. Turn off your phone, wait 1 minute and turn it back on.

2. Send an SMS to your own number. You should receive it instantly!

3. Try your SIM card in another phone. Nowadays, most devices are unlocked so it shouldn't be a problem to find one Smiley Otherwise you can pass by a Fido store and we'll test it for you.

This will help us determine where the issue is coming from. With  this information we'll know the next steps to take to resolve it! I hope that helps Smiley

@Ayoolaakins

If it's happening with more then 1 contact, it might be an issue with your phone.

To find out what's wrong however, we need to figure out if the issue comes from your phone or your sim card.

When you send text messages to yourself, are you able to receive them right away?

Also, do you have another Fido phone where you can test your sim card in?