cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit for activation fee

VarinderSingh
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So yesterday I went to fido store to ask for the plans. Guy at the store told me if I get the connection online there is no activation fee. Also he told me if I get the connection now at store I have to pay 45$ and I can call fido coustumer service they will give me 45$ credit towards my bill. So I get the connection and called fido coustumer service this morning. Coustumer service guy told me he can't do anything and there is no credit. 2 years ago when I switched from fido to bell . Fido coustumer service used to call me all the time with offers and now I am back they don't care.

3 REPLIES 3

coolspot
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

What if it is a tablet - there is no choice but to do it with an agent ...

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi coolspot Smiley

I think there will be an fee of 45$.

Have a nice one Smiley

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @VarinderSingh

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I'm sorry for the back and forth in regard to the service fee. To clarify, it is charged when you activate your account with the help of a Fido agent. The fee is only removed when you complete the activation online on Fido.ca through our self-serve platform.

With that said, we do sometimes have in-store promotions to remove that fee. However, the credit is applied at the store level and not by the call center agents. In other words, there's no need to call in and all the changes should have been done in store.

Just to confirm, did they offer you this kind of promotion? If not, unfortunately we don't offer a credit to cover that fee. As a side note, keep in mind that you're also eligible to our satisfaction warranty.

Hope this helps!