cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim card cannot be updated

Leya
I'm a participant level 3

Was trying to use different browsers to update my sim card and got same message "something went wrong on our end, please try again later", not quite sure if my sim card has issues or Fido's website has problem, please help

11 REPLIES 11

ryan89
I'm a participant level 1

Looks like this was never resolved. I guess I'll head into the store.

Hi there @ryan89

You can also contact us if you require assistance with your SIM card https://www.fido.ca/contact  

sharonna82

System error message when updating new sim card into new phone sent by fido.

Any solutions?

Hello @sharonna82

You should be able to use your sim card in your phone.

Just got a few questions for you to better understand what's going on.

What phone model are you using on your end? 

SuperSnakee

New Phone came with new nano SIM

Using Fido website, it gives "system error something wrong on Fido's end" each and every time on different browsers, different devices.

Hey @SuperSnakee,

I have moved your post in this thread as it deals with the same topic.

Have you also tried clearing cookies and cache?

If you still get the error message, you can contact us via these methods or we can send you a PM right here.

FidoSaira

Hey @Leya,

Our website is up and running. Have you tried to clear cookies and cache of your browser? 

Also, are these the steps you followed: 

1. Go to fido.ca and sign in to My Account
  2. Select the subscriber on which the SIM is changing
  3. In the Wireless Dashboard, click Update SIM Card
  4. Enter the old and new SIM numbers
  5. Click Next
  6. Click Update SIM

That said, if the SIM card wasn't sent by us in case of an upgrade, you will have to go to a Fido store with 2 valid IDs to have it updated.

Hope this clarifies! 

Leya

It was sent by Fido and I tried it in different desktop too, same message appears like this:

System error
Something went wrong on our end. Sorry about that! Please try again.

Thank you for clarifying @Leya!

That is indeed strange. I will send you a PM so we can take a look at that together.

If the SIM number is already in your account, I would be able to update it for you. If not, you will need to go to a store with 2 valid IDs.

Strat

Still having the same problem here. This website service does not work in any way. This was tested on multiple browsers and PCs. No browser add-ons, no firewalls, no VPNs, no proxies, etc. It just plain doesn't work at all. 

Additionally, the chat has never worked either. When I ask to chat with an agent, it doesn't matter which time of day I do this, I never get an agent to come into the chat, ever! 

And to top it all off, the rep I spoke to indicated it isn't possible to do this via the phone either; it *needs* to be either online or in store. Since the online service NEVER works, that means I have to go all the way to a Fido store to do something that Fido doesn't allow me to do any other way which is quite inconvenient. 

Fido has become increasingly frustrating to use. 

Hello Strat,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues updating your SIM card. Firstly, to clarify, what plan-type do you have: post-paid or pre-paid? 

If you have post-paid services, you should be able to update your SIM card from your My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile. From there, you would need to select Update SIM card (near bottom of page under Quick Actions). Not that you might need to click on Profile & Settings before you'll be able to access the Usage & Services tab.

On the other hand, if you have a pre-paid account, I believe it might be necessary to have any SIM changes performed at a Fido store. To do so, you'll need two pieces of identification. I understand it might be inconvenient to go to a store, however, it's a security measure intended to protect yourself and your account.

Hope this helps ðŸ˜€

Cheers