Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name display not working

Chris87
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I'm having issues with my name display feature. It was added to my plan a few months ago but it is not working. I have talked to customer service and the suggestions they provided did not work (They removed it from my plan, readded it, reset network setting, resetting phone etc). 

Has anyone else had the same issue? I have a Hauwei P20 Pro

8 REPLIES 8

Billabong23

I just switched to Fido last week (Nov 20th) for this feature; since it was included in the plan and my last service provider (Virgin) did not offer name display.  Does it work!  NOPE!  Not a single call coming in displays the caller's name, only the caller's number would appear on my phone and not their name (unless they are saved in my phone's contacts).  I am currently using the Huawei Mate 20 Pro (best phone ever)!

I did a few tests to make sure that it wasn't a device issue and more of a Fido Network issue but Fido refuses to accept that it is on their end and blaming the device.

Tests completed:

1.  Enabled Wifi Calling on my phone - NAME DISPLAY works!  Turned wifi calling off and back to number display only.

2. Took SIM card and inserted into Samsung Galaxy S10+.  Called from landline, NAME DISPLAY did not work! 

3. Called my brother (who is a Fido customer) from the same landline and the NAME DISPLAY worked on his Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Clearly the issue is not with my device.  If it was, why does the name display work only when Wifi calling is enabled?  If my device does not support the name display feature then it should not work with wifi calling enabled.

Was a Rogers customer with the same phone before switching to Virgin and name display with Rogers worked.

Fido, you are one with Rogers so please get your sh!t together and resolve this issue for me and others who are experiencing the same issue!

Sothi
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, Did you fix the name display problem?

I have same issue for some time but I'm paying for a service and fido refuse to admite theire technical problem.

If you have any solutions for this issue. please let me know.

Thanks

Ananth

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Sothi,

While Fido plans come with call display it does not have name display in order to see the name of the caller if they are not already on your contact list you will have to purchase the name display add-on its part of the premium value pack.

Sothi

I have this Name display problem for last three years and called Fido several times but they could not fixt it.

I belevive this is their technical probllem but they are not accepting.

Do anyone have solve this issue and now it's working?

david_nanta

Hi,

I did have a huawei P10 but the Name Display was not working (incompatible cellphone). Nevertheless I have a very old cellphone (that is not a smartphone) and name display works. I tried with Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, name display not working at all.

Impossible to find a list of compatible cellphones...

David

Hey @david_nanta

As long as you have the Name Display feature added to your monthly plan, all the devices listed above should be able to provide that option.

Please note that even if you don't have the Name Display option on your plan, your phone is still able to provide this feature if the contact is saved on that device. Is this the case for your old cellphone?

Let us know so we can better assist you.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Chris87!

Were you able to get this sorted out?

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Chris87!

What exactly are you seeing when someone calls you? Are you seeing just the phone number or are you seeing 'private' or 'unknown'?

Is the same thing happening when you have your SIM card in another phone?

Let us know!