cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Issue

Kathyfast27
I'm a participant level 2

My new Samsung A03 worked awesome at start, but for the past few days I have been having issues accessing my mobile data.  I can connect to data a few times, and then after that it won't come on unless I restart my phone.  If I do that, it will work for a few times, but then stop again.

I chatted with an agent last night who told me to take out my sim card and put it back in, which did nothing to help the problem.  I did use the sim from my previous phone, like the quick start guide told me to do.

I don't get why it work fine for a few days and then start giving me grief.  I don't want to restart my phone every couple hours!

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

Hi there @Kathyfast27,

Have you tried resetting your phone (as opposed to rebooting it)? 

That often helps, 

Also, are you only experiencing issues with data? Or with texting and calls as well? 

If you're having issues with multiple services it might actually be SIM related, in which case you can simply activate a new SIM via your Fido.ca account 

Kathyfast27

It's only accessing my mobile data that's an issue.  I can access it once when I restart my phone, after that one time I have to restart my phone again for it to work.

I have taken out the SIM and put it back in.  I have reset my network settings.  I have chatted with an agent twice, but the suggestions are not fixing anything.

I had no issues accessing my mobile data on my old phone, using the same SIM card as I am now.

Thanks for the update @Kathyfast27

Would you be able to test your Fido SIM card in another phone (a third one)?

If your connection to the mobile data works fine on that third phone, it could mean that your current phone is the one causing the disconnection. Have you had the chance to have your phone looked into to confirm?

It's good to know that newly purchased devices in Canada are usually covered by a 1 year manufacturer warranty. Should you have the Fido Device Protection as well, you can look into having your phone repaired too.

Hope this helps!