cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 8 no Mobile data

aHaroon
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

This morning, whenever I turn on Mobile Data on Google pixel 8, just stopped working out of nowhere.
Never had this issue with Pixel 6

Now, I think I have to pay 90/month for a phone with no mobile data, can i delete the eSIM and use a physical sim?

I have no choice but to pay off the phone. I think meanwhile i can buy a cheap 4G phone and put a sim on it, but is that doable? remove eSIM from current device, then put SIM on an unlocked phone?

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello aHaroon,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. That's certainly strange...

@aHaroon wrote:

.... whenever I turn on Mobile Data on Google pixel 8, just stopped working out of nowhere...

To clarify though, had your Pixel 8 previously been able to use data? If so, is it possible your issues are a result of inadequate cellular signal or network congestion? Is that phone unable to use data everywhere or only at certain locations?

Alternatively, have you verified the device is using the proper APN settings? You can verify those settings here.

@aHaroon wrote:

...can i delete the eSIM and use a physical sim?..

In order to use a physical SIM card, you would likely need to purchase a SIM card from a store or order it online. Once you receive your SIM card, you can update your SIM via your My Account --> My Usage. From your Dashboard, the option to Manage SIM is near the bottom of the page under Quick Actions

That said, if you were able to use data with your previous phone, I cannot think of any reason you would not be able to do the same with your new phone. Is it possible you've already used your full allotment of data? Most newer plans would include Data Overage Protection which would pause your data if you've reached the limit of your data allotment.

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider contacting customer service to see if there are any account issues to explain your issue. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers