Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages from +4735

SoominKim
I'm a participant level 1
  1. FB804649-2BFB-4129-A5B5-2A3BD85147BA.jpeg
  •  I got 10 messages from 4735 even though I replied STOP, this kept sending me 4 more times. It was seriously annoying so I blocked that number. Is this scam?
  • (These are what I got from 12:11 pm to 1:10 pm 2020/09/10(blocked this number around 1:30pm))
14 REPLIES 14

michelsaccal
I'm a participant level 3

i get this messages every 15 to 20 minutes, i went to see Bell to change cellular provider and they assured me that i will not be getting these messages anymore, so it will be good bye fido tomorrow morning

MCLodif
I'm a participant level 2

Same Problem!    Relentless, abusive, repeated SMS messages from 4735!  

I am get 5 or 6 - sometimes more - of these SPAM messages from 4735 EVERY DAY!!

I have added 4735 to my Blacklist on the phone but the SMS messages are still getting thru. 

The phone beeps, and I delete the thing, because it is an MMS packet, with a 90Kb file attached. 

Guys!  I do NOT have any DATA capability on my phone.  That's the way I want it.  Data is disabled. 

But your stupid system is ***CONSTANTLY*** trying to dump this 90kb of SPAM on my phone. 

I am already a Fido customer. 

I had thought this stupid 4735 SMS was some hackerguy, who had figured out how to bypass the

Android Blacklist feature of my phone.  But in researching this - I discover 4735 IS FROM FIDO !!!   

This stupid message has been coming almost every hour today.  STOP DOING THIS!

I have tried to call FIDO directly via 611, but all I get is MENU LIST of SELF-SERVE options. 

And not surprisingly, none of the self-serve options allow me to fix the program THAT IS RUNNING

ON YOUR STUPID SERVER THAT IS SENDING THIS ANNOYING MESSAGE.

This has been going on for over a WEEK now - I had assumed it was some off-shore hacker who

was trying to drop a toxic exfiltration payload on my phone.

But  NO - it seem it is my own provider !!  

Stop sending adverts for junk out on this 4735.     For some reason, my Huawei phone - which I got

from you Fido guys - cannot seem to process the 4735 (4-digit) SMS number in my Harassment Filter

Blacklist.  Putting the 4735 number in the Messages Blacklist has NO EFFECT.  I keep getting the

4735 messages.  And now I learn it is a junk advert!

You cannot imaging how annoying and frustrating this has been.   Are you people not thinking?

If I keep getting these 4735 SPAM-junk repeat messages (I have had maybe 200 or 300 in the

last two weeks), I will just write a nice formal letter to the CRTC, and my MP, and explain that

FIDO/Rogers seems to be a company run by a bunch of nutters, and the Rogers-Fido thing

should maybe be broken up, and the spectrum they are using should be re-allocated. 

You MUST NOT SPAM-bomb your customers like this.

This is just insane.

I had honestly assumed it was some hackerbot or malware - complete with a 90kb exfiltration program - that was

repeatedly and relentlessly trying to attack me.

Now that I have determined it is actually MY OWN CARRIER TRYING TO $&*# me, I am more than just a little angry.

And I intend to seek a solution.  This is NOT how the wireless technology model is supposed to be operated.  

-MCLodif

michelsaccal

switch to Bell, trust me... Fido is a mickey mouse outfit

Hey @MCLodif,

That's definitely not what we want to hear. Rest assured we definitely do not want to be sending you messages without your consent.

To clarify, have you tried replying the word "STOP" to the text messages you received?

Let us know. 

michelsaccal

i get that same message from 4735 every 15 minutes... i called FIDO and told me there's nothing they can do... i called bell and told me that i would not have this problem... so it's good bye FIDO tomorrow morning... 

Jonoe

Thanks to fido for that 5GB free data added for this month. But please if you can stop this "4735" number that keep sending me a message everyday until now which is unsupported in my phone,too bad I can't read the content. Please stop.thanks.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Jonoe,

Hope you enjoy the bonus, it's our pleasure Smiley

As for the messages, are you still getting them now? Also, what do you mean that they're not supported on your device, do you mean that you can't receive any MMS on your current phone?

Jonoe

Hi @FidoClaudia

I can only receive mms if I turn on my mobile data when I'm not home but not all mms or shall I say most of them says unsupported and that mms from 4735 lately clearly says unsupported.

So far the last one I received was yesterday if I'm not mistaken. Sorry if it's from fido and I blocked the number because it keeps downloading and will consumed my mobile data. THANKS A LOT FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE!

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @Jonoe!

To reassure you, receiving an MMS does require that Cellular Data be ON, but won't use any data from your plan if ever that was your concern Smiley 

To make sure you don't miss out on any future promos in case they come from the same number, I would unblock it. If you continue receiving the messages after you unblock it, please contact us through any of those channels so we can further investigate. Alternatively, we could also send you a PM here on the community. 

Cheers!

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @SoominKim

This is not a scam, this is actually from us. It seems that there was a glitch in the system and, for some reason, the message kept getting sent to your phone. Sorry about that! Sad

michelsaccal

i get the message from 4735 every 15 minutes... im cancelling my fido account and swithing to beel... good bye fido

Hello @michelsaccal,

We definitely wouldn't want to see you go. 

Are you still having this issue? 

na234

I have the same problem as the OP. I am getting this repeated message frp, 4735 with 'unsupported file' attached. I also went online to search how this spam is getting through to my phone. I cannot believe your system would send me a text at 1 AM (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), not to mention it keeps happening at other times of the day as well and I can't seem to block this. PLEASE STOP. There is exactly ZERO chance I will open some file from a random number that I don't know. Not to mention is it not illegal in canada to send people spam without allowing them to unsubscribe? You have to stop this!

I am going to have to call customer service tomorrow so that i can make this incredibly annoying thing go away!

Hey @na234,

I'm truly sorry to learn about this incident. This definitely isn't right. 

Were you able to get in touch with customer care and get this looked into?