cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium plan

Amb21
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I upgraded my device in August 2019 and signed a new contract with medium plan. I've changed plans several times since 2017 based on my data needs and on some occasions because of promo offers.

I've usually been good with plans at $55/month to $60/month. A few months ago I had to get a plan with more data so i ended up changing to $75/month for 15gb.

I haven't needed 15gb for a while now and wanted to change my plan back to what I was used to but the cheapest medium plan starts at $70/month.

What happened? The medium plan options are not what was offered when I signed up. I wouldn't have agreed to permanently have to pay $70+? (if i wanted that, i would have gone with a large plan back then!)

So is this the new normal? I'm not impressed Fido. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Amb21,

Welcome to the community!

If you signed a new contract in August of 2019, you would still be under contract (unless you bought-out your contract). That means that you are able to change your plan within the Medium plan category without additional charge. However, switching to a different plan category (ie Small or BYOP) would require you to pay the difference between the Medium and Small subsidies or paying off your device entirely in the case of BYOP plan.

That said, you should note that Fido has now switched from their subidised plans to a financed payment program for new devices. That is, the cost of devices is now separate from the cost of services. There are no more subsidised plans except for those under an existing contract prior to the change. Unfortunately, that means that the options to change within plan types or between plan categories might be more limited.

If you would like to discuss your options, you might consider contacting customer service as they would need access to your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers