cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing data connection

Sunnyhith
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there I'm a fido user and using it from 10 days. At the beginning it was ok when I'm using the data. After few days all of a sudden when I'm using the data the signal is getting on and off and this happens often everyday. Could you please consider my request and solve this issue.

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Sunnyhith

Welcome to the Community! 

This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want for our customers. To be able to better assist you with this, we'll need to ask you a few questions to know more about the situation. 

- Can you confirm if this is happening everywhere? Or is it specific to certain areas? 

- Do you see LTE at the top of your screen next to the signal bars when you're browsing in a data session? 

- Have you already tried powering the phone off and back on and seeing if this improves the connection? 

Let us know! Smiley 

Sunnyhith

It is not showing anything on the top like LTE for me it is showing only 3G signal for me 

Thank you!

Did you try power-cycling your device as suggested above? Can you also clarify if this happens everywhere or in certain specific locations only?

As long as the phone is compatible with our network and you are within coverage zone, it should work. Can you also specify:

• The phone model
  • Are you other services working? (talk and text)
  • Have you tried your SIM card in another spare device to see if the situation reproduces? 

Sunnyhith

My phone model is Poco F1 by Xiaomi 

My text and messages is working 

My friends are using the same network fido they are using samsung phones and iphone it is working good. Even when I'm in koodo it worked with 4G but when i shifted to fido for better performance.

Hello Sunnyhith,

Welcome to the community!

Perhaps this thread might provide some information regarding the compatibility of that phone. Assuming your phone is the same version (ie same band/frequency specifications), that phone only has one compatible LTE band/frequency, band 7 or 2600MHz. While the phone should work on the LTE networks, coverage depends on corresponding bands/frequencies available at your surrounding cellular towers. Not all bands/frequencies are used at all cellular towers. You can get an idea of your surrounding cellular towers here.

In addition, many factors may influence cellular signal. Coverage depends, in part, on your location relative to the cellular towers. If you're located further from the Fido/Rogers cellular towers then their band 7 signal might not be able to reach your location. That phone does not have band 12 or 17 (700MHz) which would have a greater penetrability and travel distance. On the other hand, if you're closer to the other providers' cellular towers, their band 7 signal might be adequate at your location.

It's likely the Samsung and iPhone devices your friends are using do have more compatible bands/frequencies, including band(s) 12 and/or 17.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers