cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheated and lies from Fido

E416825933
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I contacted Fido 2 weeks ago asking to stop the data in my other phone number which is for my daughter. i was told by the customer service supervisor that: if i wanted the data to stop to watch by the app, then call Fido when i needed to stop it, because Fido didn't have ways to do.

today i found out an add from Fido, which says data protection stops the data at its limit.

basically 2 weeks ago Fido's supervisor lied to me...

today i called Fido, i was told the only way was change my plan for that phone, i asked the girl said on the the phone, 40 GB for $70.00 and I also repeated she confirmed: $70.00 for 4 GB of data and stops at the moment reaches it's limit.

i was cheated by Fido once again.

i got an email saying the data is only 2 GB!

this is unacceptable!

I am requiring from Fido what was promised on the phone, 4 GB for $70.00 and stops any data going over when reaches it's limit

I expect an answer no later than Monday 19th August

1 REPLY 1

FidoRuth
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @E416825933

I understand how unfortunate this situation may have been, I can assure you that if our data protection plans had been released, there would've been no reason for us not to apply it for you to make sure that you don't get additional data charges.

The plans compatible with the new service were released August 7th. Is it possible you might've contacted us before that date the first time ?

As for the plan that was promised to you, that sure sounds odd, we'd be glad to take a closer look for you, send us a private message on the community to get started.