cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance calls not working

ichhas4
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I get 1000 minutes every month as part of Fido post plan package. I have not consumed the quota but when I try to make long distance calls from my Fido Canada number to India, it does not go through. I have contacted customer care several times but they have not been able to resolve the issue. Please suggest how to fix this.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ichhas4,

Welcome to the community!

Are you still having issues with long-distance calls to India?

@ichhas4 wrote: I get 1000 minutes every month as part of Fido post plan package. ...

To clarify, you should note that the 1000 International minutes are a promotion and are not a part of your regular service plan. As with most promotions, they are often not available indefinitely and would have an expiry date. If the term of the promotion was not outlined when first offered, the end-date would be provided on your bill a few months prior to the actual termination of the promotion. In addition, in case you weren't aware, those International minutes are only to certain Countries (see here). I understand India is included in that list.

Also, are you currently in Canada? It should also be mentioned that those minutes are only for the long-distance portion of calls while in Canada. Any usage outside of Canada would be considered roaming and charged accordingly. Additionally, if you have a limited number of allotted call minutes, any excess usage would be considered overage.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Good morning @ichhas4 , I'm going to ask what might be obvious questions but sometimes are overlooked. Are you accessing the international long distance using the plus sign (+) followed by country code and then the number? Is the number you are trying to call on your blocked list without realizing it? If you have called the number successfully from your device prior, were any of your settings changed? Have you confirmed that the number hasn't changed? 

My first look would be the blocked list in settings in the phone app. Just in case your  spam filters automatically blocked an incoming call from the number in question. 

If none of the above resolves your issue,  then it's a job for Fido technical dept. I hope you get it fixed