Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

honest mistake long distance call

valencia_ivo
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Fido Customer Service Team,

I am hoping you could please help.

Got charged for long distance call (and I really didn't even know it's US number because I ended up calling 3x...and until I receive my surprising bill).

My bill is now more than 260% higher than normal. 

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

brainybunmi2000

I am in the same situation right now after making a long distnace call of over 60 minutes. Fido should be able to provide discount or considerations for loyal customers. I need to start reconsidering other mobile network providers, that have more flexibility. 

Thank you for your feedback @brainybunmi2000.

Long distance minutes are not part of our plans, and we do offer add-ons for premium rates. Unfortunately, long distance call rates apply if call is made. You can find the rates on our website as well.

That said, you're welcome to contact us through these channels and we'd be happy to review your options with Fido.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Valencia_ivo,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges. It is unfortunate you were not aware that phone number was a US number. Regrettably, if the calls were actually made, I'm not sure what can be done. 

If you do require making calls to the US or other International calls, Fido does offer calling add-ons. Unfortunately, it would not be possible to retroactively apply the add-ons for calls already posted on your bill.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers