cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance charges for calls i didn’t make.

sichuation
I'm a participant level 1

This month's bill was approximately $32 higher than last month's and so I was weirded out and I went to check what caused the bill to be so high.

There's been about 30 or so long distance calls that lasted EXACTLY 1 minute each and I know for a fact that I made none of them.

Any clue what I could do??

2 REPLIES 2

EasyCheese

I'm dealing with the same issue.  Typical of someone to tell you it's your fault somehow.  I've been on the phone with Fido for over an hour and still not resolved.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sichuation,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received unexpected additional charges on your bill. It's not really possible to make calls on your account without your SIM. So for whatever reason, it's likely your phone made those calls. I understand that you might not have intended on making those calls. However, if the calls are on the system, they would have been made using your SIM card. 

What phone do you have? Is it a smartphone? The calling behaviour you note would suggest a possible virus or malware had infected your phone. Charges for unknown calls is a rather common symptom of infected devices (see here). You might consider obtaining anti-virus and anti-malware software to scan your device and remove any culprits, if present.

If this is a new occurence, have you verified that any newly installed apps are not the culprit? You might consider deleting any new apps and re-installing them one-by-one to identify a potential culprit.

You should also note that iPhones are not immune from the issue making random calls (see here, here, here, here, here, here, etc). It appears as though the issue is rather long-standing. That would be an Apple issue rather than a mobile provider issue. 

If you would like to further discuss those charges, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. 

I also understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

Hope this helps 🎃

Cheers