Long Distance Charges Disputes

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Long Distance Charges Disputes

I have been with for FIDO for more than 15 years now and having 3 phone lines in use under the account.

I have been a very happy FIDO customer UNTIL the email I received yesterday night.....

As a perk for the 2nd phone line, FIDO gave me an 1000 international minutes "free" per month for the phone line.

While I don't aware or remember the perk ending in Feb 2020, I have used 232 international minutes for last month. As a result, FIDO charged me with the rate of $0.95 a minutes. It jacked my bill with an additional $220.40 for the month. While FIDO have international package with $5 a month which charge $0.03 a minutes for international. In summary, after the perk ended the rate they charged was 32 times higher.

I understand that perk may end and I called the customer service hotline but they say they cannot adopt the package rate (i.e. $5 + $0.03/minute) for Feb-Mar 2020 biling cycle and the agents insisted that I have to pay $0.95 per minute for past month, even for a loyal customer which having 3 active lines.

I hope someone can tell me how a long term loyal customer will be heard by FIDO. All I ask is adopting a fair rate for the month. I hope an answer and resolution will arrive soon before my wife knows about the bill 😅.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 12
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Re: Long Distance Charges Disputes

Please try to resolve the problem here, just by putting a huge bill of 2412$ is not the ethical way to deal with a customer. Try to understand the problem and then help in same.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted

Re: Long Distance Charges Disputes

Any update on this, same happened with me, send the bill of $835.(814 mintues)... .saying you used more than 1000 international minutes (free minutes ) -- I never got any message (you reached to limit) or any voice , saying long charges applies..... 

Did you pay $2400 bill or how it sorted out.......

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 12