cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Charges Disputes

EYIW
I'm a participant level 3

I have been with for FIDO for more than 15 years now and having 3 phone lines in use under the account.

I have been a very happy FIDO customer UNTIL the email I received yesterday night.....

As a perk for the 2nd phone line, FIDO gave me an 1000 international minutes "free" per month for the phone line.

While I don't aware or remember the perk ending in Feb 2020, I have used 232 international minutes for last month. As a result, FIDO charged me with the rate of $0.95 a minutes. It jacked my bill with an additional $220.40 for the month. While FIDO have international package with $5 a month which charge $0.03 a minutes for international. In summary, after the perk ended the rate they charged was 32 times higher.

I understand that perk may end and I called the customer service hotline but they say they cannot adopt the package rate (i.e. $5 + $0.03/minute) for Feb-Mar 2020 biling cycle and the agents insisted that I have to pay $0.95 per minute for past month, even for a loyal customer which having 3 active lines.

I hope someone can tell me how a long term loyal customer will be heard by FIDO. All I ask is adopting a fair rate for the month. I hope an answer and resolution will arrive soon before my wife knows about the bill 😅.

26 REPLIES 26

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @EYIW and @pea2!

Just wanted to jump in that the 1000 minute promotion, does have an expiry date. In the past, it's generally been a 24 month promotion. We do warn you in the prior invoices before the discount ends.

That said, keep in mind this is a promotion, it's not part of your price plan, so it can end at any moment and this is aligned with our terms.

I hope that helps! Smiley

Saum
I'm a participant level 2

I thought, I'm the only one to get harrased, untill I read this thread. 

I'm on a 50$ monthly plan with 1000$ long distance calls included. Today I got a SMS stating my outstanding amount is 2412$, and that's when I checked MyAccount and got to know that this promotion of 1000 min expired in Feb 2020 after having an  hour call with customer care.

I have raised a complaint to ccts today and hoping to hear from them.

But this is really disappointing and breach of trust, by not sending the customer emails/text about the expiry of the offer... Well you can't just give an excuse by mentioning 6 letters in the 10-12 page bill, that you notified the customer in advance. I'm not sure if this is the business model being followed at Fido in today's competitive world.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Saum

We can understand that it can be a surprising situation to receive a bill that is higher than expected. I would like to take a closer look into this with you. 

I'll send you a PM so we can check it out together. 

Saum

Please try to resolve the problem here, just by putting a huge bill of 2412$ is not the ethical way to deal with a customer. Try to understand the problem and then help in same.

manji

Any update on this, same happened with me, send the bill of $835.(814 mintues)... .saying you used more than 1000 international minutes (free minutes ) -- I never got any message (you reached to limit) or any voice , saying long charges applies..... 

Did you pay $2400 bill or how it sorted out.......

EYIW

Please dig your original contract and the "terms and conditions " booklet they gave you. Both items should give you leverage to discuss with them.

some notes:

1) no expiration for the 1000 INT,L minutes was mentioned in my contract

2) in 2b of T&C, it says " At the end of the term for our terms service , the term serviceto  will automatically become a month to month service and you will keep your existing service and agreement with us unchanged until they are change or cancel in accordance with the terms.

3) 2c mentions that they will EXPLAIN the change and when it will take effect. ( in my case , they didn't explain beside four words small print as "end Feb XX 2020".

Good luck!