cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live chat stuck in a loop?

Burr1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I'm trying to connect to the fido live chat and it keeps telling me I have to sign in, so I click it and it bring me to my account (cause I'm already signed in) so I go down to contact to find the love chat option and I get greeting with the same sign in message.

So I've been just going in a circle and can't get onto the love chat server.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Burr1,

Welcome to the Community! 

I just tested this on my side and I wasn't asked to sign in first. I simply went to our Contact Us page, clicked on My Fido Services, then clicked on Live Chat, then Chat Now and I was able to connect. I also tested if after already signing in to My Account and it worked.

Are you using your Smartphone or a computer? Can you delete the cache and cookies of your browser, restart the browser and try again?

Let us know if that helped.

@Cawtau I'll get back to you on this. In the meantime, when this happens, I suggest logging out of My Account and signing in directly through the Forums at Fido.ca/Community and it should work at first try. You can then even switch to My Account without a problem, it should bring you to your online account with asking you to log in again. 

You're welcome @Cawtau

The link to the Community is now under Site Map at the bottom. Once you click on it, scroll down to Corporate Information and you'll see Community Forums. 

Cheers! 

Hello FidoClaudia,

@FidoClaudia wrote: ..In the meantime, when this happens, I suggest logging out of My Account and signing in directly through the Forums at Fido.ca/Community and it should work at first try. You can then even switch to My Account without a problem, it should bring you to your online account with asking you to log in again

Thanks for the reply. I do try to sign directly through the Forums. The login page pops up and after I enter the information, it brings me to My Account. Today, it brought me to My Account and then immediately back to the Forums page but it showed I wasn't logged in. I had to re-click sign in which brought me back to My Account (already logged in). I then had to manually get back to the community. Luckily, today it was only once around the loop.

Just out of curiosity, I tried to access My Account and it asks me to log in, even though I never logged out and am still logged into the forums. However, if I try to browse the phones or plans on the website it says I'm currently logged in.

Also, I do not see any link to the community on the Fido.ca website anymore. I've been using a bookmark to get back here.

Have a great day 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Burr1,

Welcome to the community!

I don't know why that is happening to you, but I thought I would reply since I experience a similar situation when trying to log into these forums. I click to sign in, provide the information and it brings me to My Account. Going back to the forums requires me to sign in. Clicking the sign in brings me directly to My Account since I'm logged in. Back to the forums and I have to sign in... Sometimes I'll only have to do the loop once or twice, other times it can take 5 or 6 loops, or not let me in at all. Whether I'm able to login really seems hit or miss. I'm currently using Firefox, but it also happens with Chrome and Explorer as well. Any thoughts Fido?

Cheers

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Cawtau wrote:

Hello Burr1,

Welcome to the community!

I don't know why that is happening to you, but I thought I would reply since I experience a similar situation when trying to log into these forums. I click to sign in, provide the information and it brings me to My Account. Going back to the forums requires me to sign in. Clicking the sign in brings me directly to My Account since I'm logged in. Back to the forums and I have to sign in... Sometimes I'll only have to do the loop once or twice, other times it can take 5 or 6 loops, or not let me in at all. Whether I'm able to login really seems hit or miss. I'm currently using Firefox, but it also happens with Chrome and Explorer as well. Any thoughts Fido?

Cheers

The infamous loop... I feel your pain, @Cawtau. Our SSO has improved over time, but it's still not perfect. We're working with our digital team on a seamless sign-in/registration flow, but it's taking time. Claudia posted one of the workarounds that I've been using, but I also found that there is sometimes a delay with the SSO cookie. Most times when I'm redirected back to the community from MyAccount and it still shows "Sign In", a simple browser refresh after a couple of seconds will show me as signed in.

Also, we've hardcoded the referrer redirect behind the "Sign in" on the absolute top-right, so for now that is the most stable method to use. Working on all the others, such as the Reply and Post a Topic buttons, but not there yet.

Hope some of this helps, and always appreciate your feedback!

Hello FidoStephen,

Thanks for the information! I'll try the refresh...

Have a great day! 😀

Cheers