Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large bill due to long distance

INoche
I'm a participant level 2

Hey guys,

I need help or any suggestions. I have 2 accounts with fido under my name and there’s one that I let my daughter use. Unknowingly, my 16 year old daughter made a few phone calls to the USA, which caused my bills to jump to 1002$. My usual bills for the 2 accounts would only go up to 65 or 67 dollars. This was the first time my billing went overboard. I was truly devastated after calling fido 3x and hearing them telling me they cannot do anything. I’ve wanted to talk to the manager but they won't let me. My husband is the only one working since my car accident in 2012. Don't know who to call to resolve the issue to lessen my burden.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

INoche

Hello, 

I would really need some info on this one, so could you PM me and give me some suggestions on where to ask for help on this one?

Thank you so much.

Hello INoche,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. I understand this is a difficult time and your situation makes receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoPhilippe

Hey @INoche! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your accident and the state of your bill. I can certainly understand the shock of receiving a bill over $1000! I'm also not thrilled that you were not given access to a manager when you asked.

That all said, if the usage that incurred the extra charges is valid, then that amount would normally be payable in-full. However, we'll be happy to go over that and all your options here, if you wish. Just request a PM from the community for assistance and we'll send you one.