Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texting not working

mrbeans
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have been unable to send text messages to my family in Europe. Calling works fine, but the texts (while they show as sent) never get through to the recipient. I was with a different provider before and it worked fine. When I switched over to Fido I stopped being able to do it.

I have tried all forms of the number including:

011 country code, number

+011 country code, number

+ country code, number

None of these have worked. I also have a second person on my account and it doesn't work for them either. Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mrbeans!

That's odd. It appears as though, for the most part you are using the correct dialing pattern. You can use the 011 or the + symbol interchangeably as the country exit code before the country code and the number. 

Is this only happening with international texts or are you having difficulty with all text messaging?

If this is happening with only international numbers, are you having difficulty with texts to your family only? Have you tried sending to other international numbers? Do those go through?

Lastly, is the recipient able to send SMS to you and are they able to receive from other international numbers?

mrbeans

Hi,

It is multiple people all in the same country. And I did not have issues until I switched to Fido.

This issue is only international texts, others work fine. I actually receive the text message from Europe, but the response never goes through. Super frustrating.

These problems also occur for the other number on my account, so I assume that is somehow related. When they switched to Fido, their ability to text internationally vanished.

Hoping you have some magic you can work to fix this! Smiley

Hey @mrbeans

Thank you for clarifying this information. 

In this situation, it may be necessary for us to take a closer look through the account details to check out all possible troubleshooting steps.

You can speak to someone from our customer support team through one of the options available here

If you'd prefer, we can also send you a PM from here. Let us know! Smiley