Interac e-transfer scam????

I'm a Participant Level 1 melgasbal
I'm a Participant Level 1

Interac e-transfer scam????

hi i just want to ask if fido mobility give reward money to the customers? because i got one and tried to put it in my account. however, i didn't got the money, because after i open my banking account it is not found. I'm just worry because of that they may get my bank information and use it on something..

Accepted Solution

Re: Interac e-transfer scam????

Hello @melgasbal,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does not send e-transfer to customers, the text you got was a spam text, you can get more info here including ways to report it to Fido.

Since you opened the link and enter your banking info I would suggest you change your banking password ASAP and maybe give your bank a heads up so maybe they can monitor your account for any suspicious activities.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 16
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1
Solution

Hello @melgasbal,

Fido does not send e-transfer to customers, the text you got was a spam text, you can get more info here including ways to report it to Fido.

Since you opened the link and enter your banking info I would suggest you change your banking password ASAP and maybe give your bank a heads up so maybe they can monitor your account for any suspicious activities.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 16
I'm a Participant Level 1 Lauveux

Recieved a URL for HTTPS://hheelpp.com/ With a retrieve link towards a 53$ Interac transfer for mistaken overcharge on Data Usage?

May be a scam or Phishing? 

Didn't do anything. 😕

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 16

Hey there @Lauveux!

Welcome to the community :).

That is definitely not from us. All transactions are done via your Fido account, and refunds are processed by check, which will be mailed to the billing address we have on file.

For more info on how to avoid these phishing scams, click here.

Hope this helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 16
I'm a Participant Level 1 Brianwilson

Screenshot_2018-11-12-01-26-04.png

Recieved this in a text today.     What does this mean?    It said it was refunded!     But wants me to confirm.  Confused!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 16

That's not from us @Brianwilson!

Please don't enter any of your personal information as this is a scam text message. If you did, we suggest contacting your bank and letting them know right away.

We also suggest you forward this message to the number 7726 so that our team can look into it in order to prevent these types of messages going forward Smiley

For more info on smishing (phishing by SMS) check out our blog post on the topic here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 16
I'm a Participant Level 1 st123

I received a text today saying "92.19 CAD received from (MYFIDO)  Press the link to claim your funds: http://ow.ly/xdSH30mWP04      REF# 07-91872

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 16
I'm a Participant Level 1 Bbfido

Received the exact one a few minutes ago.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 16
MVP
MVP

Hello,

Thanks for the information! That is most definitely SPAM. The providers are doing all that they can to prevent SPAM SMS. You can help by forwarding these messages to 7726 (SPAM) (see here). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter. Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 16
I'm a Participant Level 1 DebbieTaylor

I received a phone txt saying from fido for an e-transfer. I opened the link but did not supply any info. Just thought a bit odd fido would send me this. Am glad I never released any info.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 16
I'm a Participant Level 1 Bivin

Got a scam message today! Beware guysFido scam.png

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 16
Highlighted

Hey @Bivin

Welcome to the community Smiley

Thanks for taking the time to report the message.  You can flag these messages for investigation by forwarding them to 7726 (SPAM)..

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 16
I'm a Participant Level 1 Dave86

Re: Interac e-transfer scam???? It is a scam to get your bank info

I did a simple trace on the IP it tried to direct me to, (http://68.183.40.167/index2.html) , in my case, it is a location in london england the isp is called Digital ocean, but more than likely the scammers bounce through multiple isp

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 16
I'm a Participant Level 1 RAFAEL82

I have just received this text almost put my credit card in. However I did inform my RBC account number and password. What should I do?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 16

Hey @RAFAEL82

Did you give out your banking account informations? If that's the case, I would suggest reaching out to the Bank to report this. I would also report this to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

If you haven't given our your informations, everything should be fine. You can simply forward the message to us and we'll audit it.

Please keep in mind that Fido will never ask you for such informations through a text message. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 16