cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't get 3G anymore

elazgar
I'm a participant level 3

Hello, I used to have 3G with my LG lfino (model LG-D290n). I left Canada for 3 weeks and since I came back I haven't been able to connect to 3G anymore, I only get H and sometimes G.

Any ideas? My APN is correctly configured.

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Elazgar,

Welcome to the Community!

Firstly, it's interesting that you used to get '3G' with that phone. According to GSMArena (and other specification sites), that phone does not have any compatible bands/frequencies for UMTS/WCDMA ('3G'). You can refer here for the compatible bands/frequencies.

Assuming the specification information on GSMArena is inaccurate and your phone indeed has compatible '3G' bands/frequencies, HSPA (H) and HSPA+ (H+) are data protocols using the UMTS/WCDMA network. So if your phone is showing H, then it's actually on the '3G' network. I'm not sure of the exact circumstances which changes the symbols. Phones may alternate between H & 3G for HSPA and H+ & 4G for HSPA+. However, you should be able to determine the network type in the phone's status settings.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @elazgar

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Have you tried resetting the phone to its factory settings? There should also be an option in your settings to select the network mode; can you double-check to make sure the 3G is enabled?

Keep us posted! 

elazgar

Hi @FidoPierre,

I checked the network mode, if I select only 3G I don't even get coverage to make any phone call, If I select only 2G or automatic 2G/3G I can make phone calls but only get E connectivity.

I would like to avoid the hard reset or factory settings since the phone was adquired with another company in another country.

The annoying part is that it used to work perfectly...

Another point is that my boyfriend is having the same issue with his phone (brand BQ) since we came back to Canada.

@elazgar wrote:

Another point is that my boyfriend is having the same issue with his phone (brand BQ) since we came back to Canada.

Hello again,

Do you know which model of BQ phone your boyfriend has? I did a quick search on their website and unfortunately the models I found do not have compatible bands/frequencies for '3G' either. Also, the models I found also only have one compatible LTE band/frequency, band 7 or 2600 MHz. So LTE should work on that phone, however, coverage will depend on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding cell towers. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies in the link I provided above. If LTE isn't working, he might have to turn on data roaming. Some phones from overseas think they are roaming even if they are using a local SIM card.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

elazgar

Hello Cawtau,

I just checked, it is Bq aquaris E6 and unfortunatelly it does not support 4G.

I guess I will change my plan to only voice and text after all.

Thank you for your help Smiley