cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset fido voice mail access code. UPDATE!

MaxBill
I'm a participant level 3

How to reset fido voice mail access code.

This thing doesn't work.

Alternatively, you can use our self-serve menu by dialling 6-1-1 from your Fido phone or by dialling 1-888-481-3436 from any other phone:

• Press "1" to use the self-serve menu.
  • Press "3" to access the services menu.
  • Press "2" to change your Voice Messaging access code.
  • Follow the instructions to create a new Voice Messaging access code.
6 REPLIES 6

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @MaxBill!

Welcome to the Community! 

To reset your voicemail PIN from the IVR you can follow these steps:

- Call 611 from your Fido phone

- Press 1 to confirm you are calling about the number you are using

- Press 2 to access the self serve menu. 

- Press 4 to reach the set of options that include resetting your voicemail PIN 

- Press 3 to reset your Voicemail PIN

Keep in mind that there may be a delay of up to 15 minutes for this to take effect. You will receive an IVR message and a text message with your new temporary PIN following the change.

If you prefer to use an alternate method, you can reset your voicemail PIN through My Account on Fido.ca under Overview > View usage and manage your mobile lines > Quick actions > Reset voicemail password > Enter the new voicemail password under the New Password and Confirm Password fields, then click Submit.

You can also do this through the My Account app under > Phone > Update voicemail password > Enter new password > Change password. 

Once you have reset your voicemail PIN and received the temporary PIN, we suggest that you change your PIN. 

You can do this through the menu when calling your voicemail. If you have the mini voicemail, you will be able to change the PIN by pressing on 3 - 1. For any other type of voicemail, this can be found by pressing on 3 - 1 - 1.

I hope this clarifies everything! 

giant235
I'm a participant level 1

It's not working for the above information

Hello @giant235,

If you need help, please reach out to us through these channels. We'd be happy to look into it with you.

MagdaMontreal

No. Need for home phone

Hey @MagdaMontreal! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Are you unable to use the methods above for your home phone voicemail? If so, let us know where you enconter a problem and we'll be happy to help you.

CCNash

You can also do this through the My Account app under > Phone > Update voicemail password > Enter new password > Change password.
Reset voicemail password is no longer an option under Quick Actions.

Also, the number prompts keep getting changed. Safe to assume due to corporate as a consequence of inhumane number crunching.

The current order of numbers for the 611 menus is: