cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get region specific plans

guychiasson2014
I'm a participant level 3

Do i need to change my phone number to a number in the province i moved to to get the other province plan??

12 REPLIES 12

Ahmed7
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, Originally, I got my number and phone plan in Quebec, Now, I am thinking about moving to Ontario but I want to keep my same plan and phone number. Can I keep it or it is obligatory when someone moved to another province they have to change their phone number/plan to the destination province??

Thanks 

Hey @Ahmed7

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post here since this thread is about the same topic.

You can look into the answers provided by our members.

Let us know if you still need help.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

Can we get a moderator to confirm the information please? According to FidoAmandaN's post here:

You no longer need to have both a <Province> number and address as was necessary in the past. 

Is the corollary from that post applicable? If you have an address in a province can you get a plan from that province even though your phone number might be from a different province? Many people might prefer to keep their current phone numbers.

And no, this post has nothing to do with your posts, Kapable-K!

Cheers

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Right @nick67

What I did notice with my experience is that it's inconvenient to give out a number from a different province as not everyone has Canda-wide calls, it's also an inconvenience when making appointments with local businesses . 

And remember, the taxes are billed according to your phone number as well! 

@nick67 I was thinking the same but I guess the number change is what will deter people from doing it.

From FidoAmandaN's post it appears we don't need a number and address for the specific province to get a plan related to that province but you would need to have a number for the province to get that province specific plan.

So it looks like the plans are based on the numbers but a moderator can confirm.

Hey @Cawtau

In order to get a plan from another province, the number absolutely has to be changed. The address is no longer necessary. As long as the number fits the province then it's possible to go ahead and change the plan. Before it was mandatory to have both!

Hope this clarifies it  Smiley 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Based on what FidoRanya just posted, if someone in Ontario wants to take advantage of, for example, Saskatchewan's $48 BOYD 6GB plan all they have to do is switch their phone number to a Saskatchewan number? What's stopping everyone from doing this because most plans have unlimited Canada-wide calling so long distance is a non-issue?

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@guychiasson2014 yes you will need to change your number to the new province.

guychiasson2014

So that way ill get my new province plan

@guychiasson2014 correct once you change your address and number to the new province you can get any plan that is currently offered in that province.

An im not able to keep my old province number and just het my new province plan am i right