cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to escalate a complaint

Varora
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I want to know how I can get to Vice President office of Fido or manager follow I'm leaving my email below if I don't get any contact information then I'll call or probably I'll go to CRTC because I'm paying my bill doing my part but on the other hand you are not doing your part so you deserve a complaint and a nice one .

5 REPLIES 5

Aloy_etal
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I refer to the phone plan sold to me by one of your agent /staff (Mr Solomon) on Jan 24, 2024. Interaction # 12168940312 and recorded conversation is here reference. My wife and I rejoined fido on Jan 27 having ported out of Telus. The deal was for 2 lines 403xxxxx228 and 587xxxxx69. Breakdown for each line is $44/line with 10+20GB plus -$5 (for auto-pay, which has been set up) and another -$5 for 24 months. 2 months into the deal, the data agreed on is yet to reflect in my app. I have since corresponded with your staffs-Solomon, Ryan, Dan, and as of today, Loren all through Jan, Feb and Mar, most recently today. All of the former 3 staffs acknowledged the deal and sent tickets for FIDO to rectify this except for Loren who claims that the deal was invalid. (See correspondence below).

Technically we have paid for the phone plans (Jan/March) even though you Fido has failed to keep the side of your bargain. I want to understand this, Is Loren saying that FIDO deliberately made an invalid offer to me to entice us out of Telus? If yes, that, in all honesty and decency, is fraudulent and despicable to say the least. I am still racking my brain to understand this unprofessional behaviour.

What this means is that FIDO entices people from other Telco, and as soon as they port, FIDO invents stories not to honour its side of the deal. I will rather port our numbers out from Fido than patronize and promote insincerity and dubiousness. 

This is really a shame! If your staff/agent made the mistake, why don’t you hold them accountable? Why make a well-meaning client bear the error? So, because you failed your side of the deal, I want a refund of the monies paid to FIDO as of today for billing a service that was not fully honoured and delivered. Nothing else will suffice. Either a full refund or FIDO respects what was agreed. The conversation was recorded and can be referenced. 

Thanks,

Aloysius Mel

Feb 28, 2024, 12:41 PM (US)

Re: 501373109 Hello, We rejoined fido on Jan 27 having ported out of Telus. The deal was for 2 lines 403xxxxx228 and 587xxxxx69. Breakdown for each line is $44/line with 10+20GB plus -$5 (for auto-pay..which has been set up) and another -$5 for 24 months. The data and charge showing right now on my app does not reflect all of those.

Feb 28, 2024, 1:36 PM (FIDO)

Please don't enter that here, it's sensitive information. Only use the forms we send. I looked into the 20 GB bonus offer and we submitted a ticket to have this added however, it's still in treatment. It should be completed within the next 10 business days. Once it is added to your account, you'll receive a confirmation email. -Ryan

Mar 9, 2024, 11:33 AM (US)

Hello Ryan, Howz the going today. I am still waiting for the upgrade in data reflective of the sign on agreement for both of my lines. Secondly, as per billing below, the $5 automatic billing agreement (which I already set up) was not applied to both (it's only showing on 1 line) as per sign own agreement. See attached screen shot Please kindly respond to this ASAP as the first bill has been posted Thanks

Mar 9, 2024, 12:46 PM(US)

Hello, This is the 3rd correspondance I am having with Fido on this issue. It's 2 months as Bill shows since we ported to Fido. The 30gb agreed on has still yet to reflect. I have paid the first 2 months bill already even though that agreement has not been honoured. If not fully honoured we will treat it as breech in agreement. Thanks

Technically we have paid you for a service under-rendered. This will not be the case next month. Thanks

Mar 18, 2024 9.00PM (FIDO)

Thanks for letting us know about this - I'm very sorry to see that the invalid offer for 20GB bonus data was made. Sadly this offer is not compatible with your plan and is not possible for it to be applied. I would definitely feel the same way if I have gone through the same situation. Since you are looking for a bundle that will offer more data, what we can do is review the valid plans and options we have available today and see if one of those options will work for your needs better moving forward. To show appreciation for you as our customer, here is what I can offer today: New $34 50GB bundle ($45 50GB plan & $5 automatic payments discount offer & $6 discount for 24 months). The new plan and offers would replace the existing plan and offers you currently have. How does that sound? -Loren

I can assure you that the agent that made the offer and helped you to activate had no idea the offer was not valid, otherwise they never would have offered it. The other representatives also apparently made a mistake when they did not look closely enough into the (also completely invalid) case type that the original agent submitted. If they had, they would have given you the same information I provided today. We totally understand your disappointment and understand if your current plan as well as the alternative we offered just now don't meet your needs, and you decide to port out - although we would be sad to see you go. I understand these were perhaps not exactly the options you were hoping for. Since these are the best options we have, I’ll document our conversation on your account in case you change your mind. Our offers do change from time to time so if you contact us later we'll be happy to apply what we talked about today if it's still available. If our offers have changed, we'll be happy to take a fresh look at your account and review our new offers with you instead. As per your request, we don't have to continue this conversation if you don't want to, but we'll always be just a message away. -Loren

Mar 18, 2024 9.00PM (US)

What a shame, your agents all made a mistake and you put on the customer....its just fraud, plain and simple. You entice people from other plans and as soon as they port you invent stories. If you are accountable enough..let me have your Managing director e-mail

Hello @Aloy_etal 

Thank you for sharing this with us here on the Community. For anything related to your account and to escalate a complaint, it will be necessary to contact our customer service.

You can find all the ways to get in touch with our team here.

pranav3
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Any email for credit operations or greviences department at Fido, my case is not resolved and its a mistake from fIDO (2 credit checks for 1 cell number). Strange that even in 2023 this company deliberately keeps people doing same thing on phone and chat and not have an email so that no legal cation can be taken.

FidoVan

Hi there @Varora!

Please note that this Community platform is not a servicing channel. To get assistance, you can visit this link and choose how best you can reach us out. We can also send you a PM so that you can give us more details about your situation if you wish to.

GeraldR
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

In fact, there is no real channel: you have to phone them then navigate the attempts to deflect you with references to 'ask Jack' and many minutes on hold, then you get a service rep who, although you've already given your account info, asks for various items of identification - be prepared to provide the same information every time they pass you on to another representative. Note, service representatives can not only not deal with technical issues but cannot access any existing technical reports from previous calls: they have to pass you along to a technician - more time on hold and further attempts to deflect you to 'asl Jack' - who ID's you all over again and has no idea what was discussed so far nor the existence of the technical report they're supposed to be explaining; at this point, you're probably talking to a Rogers employee. The basic MO is to 1) try to sell you a new phone, 2) get you to do a restart, 3) to get you todo a battery pull, 4) get you to try your sim card in another device; after that, you're hosed. Expect to spend a few hours on the phone: if they promise to call back later, they probably won't. Don't expect them to keep a file, issue a tracking number nor provide any email notifications on promised progress, if any.

Note: they advertise another lane i.e. the CCTS: true to form, this organization will lose all the information provided in their online form and use this later as an excuse not to proceed with your complaint - they may even substitute some erroneous information in your file. You have to phone them and basically start over. This agency seems to be focused on billing issues and seems incapable of processing technical issues: basically, they want you to convert your claim into a financial claim: whether or not your service ever works for you or might be made to work is irrelevant to them. In the end, they will simply garble up your info and then forward it to fido - in effect, just another time wasting deflection,