cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access SMS History

deserteaglev
I'm a participant level 1

I am aware that you can access call history, but I need to know at the bare minimum the number of outgoing texts I had made. Ideally, I would also like to access this data but I assume that is not possible. 

Please advise if there is a method to recall previous text history or a feature to save future text data.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

mytext123_

how can i access my call and text log from 2018 to 2022?

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @mytext123_ 

There no way to access your text log from 2018 to 2022 if you deleted it. The only way is to get a court order, cause every company keeps logs, it's a law. But i think you can't get a court order if it's not an legal situation.

Have a nice day

Hello Mytext123_,

Welcome to the community!

As mentioned in the solution, mobile providers do not keep a record of your text messages. If you no longer have the messages on your device, there is unfortunately no way to retrieve them.

With regards to calls, you should be able to access your recent call logs via your My Account --> Billing & Payments. From there, you can Save and/or Print a PDF copy of your bill. Alternatively, you should also be able to view the details online (see here). You should note that the detailed billing won't show the number associated with incoming calls for security purposes.

If you wish to access your earlier bills, you would likely need to contact customer service to request them to be reprinted. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. You should note that there is a fee for re-printing a bill (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @deserteaglev,

Welcome to the community!

You are correct with your assumption Fido does not log the numbers or the content of any of our text messages the only thing they can tell is the amount of text we send. If you do not have the text on your phone anymore or do not have any backups then you will not be able to get any information for previous text messages.