cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much does email to SMS text cost?

bp2
I'm a participant level 2

I'm curious how much the service costs to receive a text message when someone emails (mynumber)@fido.ca?

I see that this is a service, but I can't find out how much it is? Is it included in monthly plans?

Thanks,

14 REPLIES 14

Private
I'm a participant level 3

Fido and Rogers email-to-SMS service is no longer available as of June 2023.  Email-to-text functionality was shut down for both Fido and Rogers customers without any warning. A call to customer service confirmed that. 

Emails sent to YOURNUMBER@fido.ca bounce back as undelivered. The response from the remote server was:

421 Closing Transmission channel

The recipient server did not accept requests to connect.
[rr-mail.fido.page.ca. 70.33.243.157: timed out] [rr-mail.fido.page.ca. 70.33.243.156: timed out]

Iamjovenism
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Fido,

Is the email-to-text feature included in the unlimited text messaging plan?

This forum indicated that it's included in the text messaging plan for free. However, it's dated 2017. So hope you can help me clarify this.

Regards,

Joven

Hi @Iamjovenism,

The information in this thread is still valid. 

Hope this answers!

LSSS

The above reply does not clarify anything. If I have unlimited texting in my monthly plan, will I be charged to read the email to sms notification?

Hey @LSSS,

If you reply to the alert, you'll be charged accoring to your plan. So if you have unlimited text messages included, there won't be any charges at all.

If however, you don't have any texts included, then the pay per use rate applies. 

Hope this clarifies

Cddhjj

Hi Christina! How do I unsubscribe from this Email to Sms 

Hey @Cddhjj

This isn't a service we offer anymore!

LSSS

That's helpful. Thank you Christina! 

Anytime Smiley

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Guys! 

With Email-to-Text, when an e-mail is sent to your MyFidoNumber@fido.ca address, you will receive a 'Message Alert' in your Fido inbox by SMS. There is no charge for receiving these notifications. From there, if you would like to receive the content of the email on your device, simply reply “Read” to the message alert. Regular text message charges will apply when you reply to a Message Alert at either $.25 per message or as per your text messaging plan.

We also offer a Direct Delivery option as an add on for $5 per month. With this add on, you will receive the first 160 characters of each message automatically, instead of the message alerts.

Hope this clarifies things!

Private

Fido and Rogers email-to-SMS service is no longer available as of June 2023.  Email-to-text functionality was shut down for both Fido and Rogers customers without any warning. A call to customer service confirmed that.

Emails sent to YOURNUMBER@fido.ca bounce back as undelivered. The response from the remote server was:

421 Closing Transmission channel

The recipient server did not accept requests to connect.
[rr-mail.fido.page.ca. 70.33.243.157: timed out]

[rr-mail.fido.page.ca. 70.33.243.156: timed out]

Cddhjj

Hi Amanda! How do I unsubscribe from

this service...

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @bp2,

You can get more info here, as for the cost the link on the website seems to be not valid anymore.

I believe the cost is the same as what you have in your plan so if you have unlimited text then its free a moderator can confirm this.

Edit: This is the only info I found here i'm not sure if its still valid as its 6yrs old.

bp2

Thanks for the info. I'm finding the same thing, I keep getting directed to the same page however the link to "How much does this service cost" just goes back to fido.ca, not to an answer.

Thanks anyways tho!