cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't received $50 Bestbuy Giftcard that came with internet yet

andie1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

It's been well over 7 business days since I have completed the online registration to participate in the Fido Back To School Offer, which I qualify for. It says status pending its been nearly 20 days now, when will I receive it??

28 REPLIES 28

yu271226
I'm a participant level 3

chat with the livechat twice.. and they couldn't solve or provide updates about the gift card and the 6 months subscription.

Is that how Fido doing business? Attracting customers signing up, and wait for a year before giving the promotion offer. My friend signed up and received the gift card within few days

Hello @yu271226 and welcome to the Community Smiley

Let's take a look at this together. I'm sending you a PM now, talk to you soon.

m3w3
I'm a participant level 1

I signed up for the plan back in August. I've called in twice to Fido already, waited >30min both times. Both times they they told me it should arrive soon. Nothing has happened. Here's what it shows on MyFidoPromotions:

Your status: Pending

Status updated on: 09/08/2019

Your status description:

Please allow up to 7 business days to validate your registration.

LOL, what a joke. It's been almost 1 month. This company has 0 reliability.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @m3w3

I'm sad to see you're having difficulties redeeming this offer. I assure you it's definitely not the kind of thing we want for our customers at all! 

I am going to send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. 

JBRITTA1978

Seems this is more of an issue than I thought. I registered for my $50 card through the promo site on sept. 11th. STILL no email with the e card. Spoke to Fido over the phone twice.....same answer twice. They do not have any contact other than email with the promo department. I’m not happy with Fido so far. Keep getting the run around. Now I am doubting if I am even going to get this card. Very bad business......not cool at all. 

Hello @JBRITTA1978

That's definitely not the experience that we want for you. It's important for us that you get your hand on that gift card. I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello @andie1

That delay is certainly not normal! 

Have you checked your spam folder in your email inbox? Sometimes the gift card can end up there. 

Alternatively, if you haven't done so yet, you can contact us here or we can send you a PM through the Community to review the situation with you.

Let us know. Smiley 

yu271226

my status in the promotion page is also showing pending almost over a week. I still haven't got any email for the bestbuy giftcard and the 6 month sportnet subscription link or instructions