cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware upgrade options

Barbara0071
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just called to try and upgrade my phone after my sony phone has died.  I had the rudest person who basically told me I would have to get a much more expensive plan or get one of only 3 options of cell phone, or buy the phone.  If i have to buy the phone i promise you i will not be with the service fido provide.     After being a  custonmer for 14 years but its time to go.   He didnt give a **bleep** if I left fido and would not put me to a Customer Service/Retention.  Loyalty NEVER pays.  

1 REPLY 1

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Barbara0071,

I'm happy to give you more information on the process!

If you have an older plan, you most likely qualify for a no-term or Small plan pricing. This means you either have no subsidy or a Small subsidy on a new phone.

While I can definitely understand you are looking for a good device, at a good price, purchasing a phone on a contract is always optional. The representative wasn't wrong for presenting that option, but it may not have been explained properly.

Also keep in mind that most phones go for $700 or more, at full price. The biggest subsidy comes with the highest monthly plan. In the long run, if you pay a little more for the phone upfront, you may save after the 24-month term comes to an end since that option allows you to keep smaller plan. 

We're happy to look at your account if you want more options. You can get in touch with us here.