cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend Referral Scam

fritz421
I'm a participant level 2

I've reached out to Fido customer service multiple times regarding the referral program. I was referred back in July via a referral code. Myself and the person who referred never heard a peep from Fido about the referral bonus. I contacted customer care MULTIPLE times and all they said the status is being "verified" or it's being "investigated". Seriously, how long does it take a company who provides REFERRAL CODES FOR SIGN UP and VERIFY THAT THE ACCOUNT IS LEGIT AND REFERRED??? It's been MONTHS now and referral bonus is no where in sight. Other companies can automate this and work faster than a long existing company like Fido. Everytime I ask for a call back regarding this issue, NOTHING FROM FIDO. You guys should stop advertising this program as you don't honour your so called "referral bonus" and its nothing but a SCAM. 

8 REPLIES 8

Longlongtimeago
I'm a participant level 3

Totally agree. I got the confirmation email from their customer service on Dec and said I should get the bonus within 2-3 billing cycle. It still nothing until today! Totally a scam program and I've already told all of my friends quit or not join Fido 

Hey there @Longlongtimeago

Sorry to read that it is taking time for the offer to be applied in your account. Depending on your billing cycle, you may or may not be on your 3rd bill yet which means we are still within the timeframe. That said, if you received an email saying that you will have the offer applied in 2-3 cycles, that's great news as you can rest assured that you are on the right path to get your credits!

I knock on wood to hope that all goes well but should something arise, please don't hesitate to reach us out through our available servicing channels for assistance!

For more information about the program, follow this link

Longlongtimeago

The original date of I joined Fido is sept 2021. Confirmation email got it on Dec 2021. Do you thing it is still within the time frame?

Depending on the day you received the confirmation, the credit can take up to 3 bills to be applied. In other words, if you received the confirmation on December 18th 2021 for example, you should receive the credit on the bill that will be issued after March 18th 2022.

With that being said, you can always reach out to us confirm, using our support channels or by communication with the team managing the friend referral program using this form.

Hello @Longlongtimeago , sorry to hear that you feel like the referral program isn't working for you. Have you checked on the status of your referral on the portal? It's worked for me in the past. If I remember correctly,  I referred someone back in July or beginning of August and I received my credit in December. The credit is issued once your friend has been with Fido for 3 months. So I guess the process took 4 months. It all depends where you were in the billings cycle. It's not a scam, you will receive the credit on your bill. 

I hope that's a little reassurance. All the best 

simc

Completely agree with this customer, we have experienced the same absurd run-around and denial of the bonus.  It is absolutely unconscionable to disrupt friends phone services with falsified incentives, and leaves a very very bad taste in the mouth related to the Fido company.  It makes it seem like they just intentionally lied. How in the world can a company not immediately rectify this?  Unbelievable 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @fritz421,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to get any assistance or an update on your referral request.

That said, you can do so by reaching out to the team handling this promotion directly on the friend referral portal. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "contact us" to fill out the form with the details of your request.

Hope this helps!

fritz421

It's rather pointless to contact and fill out that form as you referenced. The reply I got back is the exact same rubbish I got over the last few months from this same team: "it's being verified". Maybe Fido need to revisit this entire department to see if they are actually doing their job. Clearly no one is doing their work as seen from the multiple complaints in this community about this scam referral program.