Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze my Fido account!

Capricorn1974
I'm a participant level 1

Hello

I am planning for long trip outside Canada and I am not going to use my number, is there any way I can but my Fido account on hold, or freeze my membership/ payments for few months until I comeback ?

7 REPLIES 7

1363siav

Hello

I am planning for long trip outside Canada and I am not going to use my number, is there any way I can but my Fido account on hold, or freeze my membership/ payments for few months until I comeback ?

Hello 1363siav,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does offer a temporary suspension for a reduced rate on eligible lines. You should note that the suspension is now only available for a period of 1 to 6 months. It should also be noted that the monthly fee for the temporary suspension may have increased since that post. As Kapable-K notes below, it should be further noted that the temporary suspension applies to your services only. If you are currently financing a device, those payments would continue as normal.

As far as I am aware, I think you might be able to add a temporary suspension via your My Account --> View Usage & Manage. From your Dashboard, the option to Manage temporary suspension is near the bottom of the page, under Quick Actions. If you are unable to do so online, you would need to contact customer service.

You should note that this is the community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts and would not be able to add the suspension. If you wanted assistance adding the temporary suspension your account, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

YazminGr

I am already outside the country, is it possible for another person to pause my phone or is it possible to do it through my fido account?

Hello @YazminGr,

If that person is not authorized on the account they would not be able to make any changes, currently, only customer service agents can process a Temporary Suspension and you can still contact them even from outside of the country through any of the available methods here.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Capricorn1974,

Welcome to the community!

What you are looking to do is called a temporary suspension. You will need to contact customer service to have the line temporarily suspended.

A few things to note:

1. You need to have been with Fido for a minimum of one month and must not be in a contract.
  2. The suspension and the monthly suspension fees will take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.
  3. You can temporarily suspend the account for a minimum of 2 months up to a maximum of 12 months within a 12 months period.
  4. You will have to pay for it up-front unless you have a pre-authorized payment setup.
  5. If you are on the Fido Payment Program you will continue to pay your monthly funding amount during the suspension.

The suspension will be automatically be removed after the set amount of time you had it suspended for. If you would like to have the suspension removed earlier then you will need to contact customer service to have it removed.

Fido has many different ways to contact them you can find all the different ways here

Khammy

I'm also currently travelling, but was charged right after one month of suspension without a heads-up. If the suspensions are usually a minimum of 2 months, how was it possible for mine to be different?

Will I be able to get a refund on what was unjustly charged?

Pardon my language, but I'm just a little upset at how suspensions are handled by Fido, in oppose to Disney+, Netflix, etc.

Hey @Khammy,

Welcome to the Community!

We understand it's never a pleasant experience to have unwanted charges. That said, it's important to note that the minimum of two months criteria is no longer applicable. Customers can suspend their services for up to 12 months, starting on their ongoing billing cycle's last day.

How long had you requested the suspension for? 

What were you advised about it by the rep?