Freeze my Fido account!

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Freeze my Fido account!

Hello

I am planning for long trip outside Canada and I am not going to use my number, is there any way I can but my Fido account on hold, or freeze my membership/ payments for few months until I comeback ?

Accepted Solution

Re: Freeze my Fido account!

Hello @Capricorn1974,

Welcome to the community!

What you are looking to do is called a temporary suspension. You will need to contact customer service to have the line temporarily suspended.

A few things to note:

1. You need to have been with Fido for a minimum of one month and must not be in a contract.
  2. The suspension and the monthly suspension fees will take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.
  3. You can temporarily suspend the account for a minimum of 2 months up to a maximum of 12 months within a 12 months period.
  4. You will have to pay for it up-front unless you have a pre-authorized payment setup.
  5. If you are on the Fido Payment Program you will continue to pay your monthly funding amount during the suspension.

The suspension will be automatically be removed after the set amount of time you had it suspended for. If you would like to have the suspension removed earlier then you will need to contact customer service to have it removed.

Fido has many different ways to contact them you can find all the different ways here

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Freeze my Fido account!

Hello @Capricorn1974,

Welcome to the community!

What you are looking to do is called a temporary suspension. You will need to contact customer service to have the line temporarily suspended.

A few things to note:

1. You need to have been with Fido for a minimum of one month and must not be in a contract.
  2. The suspension and the monthly suspension fees will take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.
  3. You can temporarily suspend the account for a minimum of 2 months up to a maximum of 12 months within a 12 months period.
  4. You will have to pay for it up-front unless you have a pre-authorized payment setup.
  5. If you are on the Fido Payment Program you will continue to pay your monthly funding amount during the suspension.

The suspension will be automatically be removed after the set amount of time you had it suspended for. If you would like to have the suspension removed earlier then you will need to contact customer service to have it removed.

Fido has many different ways to contact them you can find all the different ways here

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2