Free Tablet Offer Warning

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Free Tablet Offer Warning

Warning to all. I just fell for it. The free tablet for two years for only $10??

I found it was not not the case. I ordered it and found it was not for me anyway and sent it straight back well within the 15 days. Now I have been charged $42. I just phoned in to mention the charge and the rep said I have to pay it. I asked for the cancellation department and he said to set it up first with another provider to port my number. I have been a loyal Fido customer but have now called Telus as they really want customers back.

Accepted Solution

Re: Free Tablet Offer Warning

We do hope that you change your mind on this.

I sent you a PM to go over this with you. Hope to talk to you soon. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Moontune,

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. You didn't like the tablet so you returned it, is that correct? Have you checked to see what the charge was for? You can view your bill details via My Account.

@moontune wrote:..I asked for the cancellation department and he said to set it up first with another provider to port my number...

If you want to port your number, your new provider will have to request the port-out from Fido. If you cancel your services first, you won't be able to get the same phone number as it won't be available for a period of time. Once the port-over has been completed, your services associated with that phone number on Fido will automatically be cancelled.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

Hello @moontune

We definitely don't want to see you go. Let's take a look at your account together to go over your options.

Let's take a look at your account so we can go over your options. I sent you a PM to get this looked into.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted

Yes they charged me a set up fee $35 plus taxes. It was advertised as included. As soon as the tablet arrived I realized it was not what I wanted I did not open the sim card or even turn it on. I sent it back and confirmation was emailed to me that it was returned within the 15 day period. Like I said I phoned in to ask about the charges and the rep said I have to pay the fee. I said that I want to cancel my account cell, and home phone but at least he gave me a chance to port my number over so that is what I am doing now.

Telus want me back again and offered an amazing deal.End of story.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Solution

We do hope that you change your mind on this.

I sent you a PM to go over this with you. Hope to talk to you soon. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted

Nothing happened so I selected it as a solution. Paid my bill $35 plus taxes which was a complete rip off as like I said I did not use or even add the service. This small amount lost you a loyal customer. I have a great deal with Wightman my local Internet provider. I am actually saving quite a bit. Thanks for getting back to me at least.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Hey @moontune,

We had sent you a PM to look into this but never heard back from you. 

I'm sending you another one now, keep an eye on your inbox. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7