cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Tablet Offer Warning

moontune
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Warning to all. I just fell for it. The free tablet for two years for only $10??

I found it was not not the case. I ordered it and found it was not for me anyway and sent it straight back well within the 15 days. Now I have been charged $42. I just phoned in to mention the charge and the rep said I have to pay it. I asked for the cancellation department and he said to set it up first with another provider to port my number. I have been a loyal Fido customer but have now called Telus as they really want customers back.

9 REPLIES 9

misterd
I'm a participant level 3

They scammed me as well.   Exact same lie about free tablet.   I went to the store - they said they could/would do nothing and said I had to call support.   I called support and scheduled a callback - they missed two of the scheduled times (wasting a lot of my time) and when I finally go through they told me I had to go back to the store.   Arghh!!

This kind of deception is unacceptable.  I go to the store to get a phone for my 90 old mother and get systematically lied to by a big company.   

I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Hey @misterd, Alex here, I'll be happy to help.

First of all, I want to say that I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, this is absolutely not what we want for our customers and we'll make sure to find a solution for this situation. 

Can you tell us a bit more? What happened after you spoke with our customer service and was told to go to the store? Were you able to get help after going back there? 

misterd

I am still trying to get them to cancel the "free" contract (they are still charging me monthly for the tablet I never wanted).   I did not go back to the store because they clearly stated they would not/could not do anything. 

I've had a few attempts at calling Fido customer service but no luck yet - everyone keeps passing the buck. 

FidoKenny

Hello @moontune

We definitely don't want to see you go. Let's take a look at your account together to go over your options.

Let's take a look at your account so we can go over your options. I sent you a PM to get this looked into.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Moontune,

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. You didn't like the tablet so you returned it, is that correct? Have you checked to see what the charge was for? You can view your bill details via My Account.

@moontune wrote:..I asked for the cancellation department and he said to set it up first with another provider to port my number...

If you want to port your number, your new provider will have to request the port-out from Fido. If you cancel your services first, you won't be able to get the same phone number as it won't be available for a period of time. Once the port-over has been completed, your services associated with that phone number on Fido will automatically be cancelled.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

moontune
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Yes they charged me a set up fee $35 plus taxes. It was advertised as included. As soon as the tablet arrived I realized it was not what I wanted I did not open the sim card or even turn it on. I sent it back and confirmation was emailed to me that it was returned within the 15 day period. Like I said I phoned in to ask about the charges and the rep said I have to pay the fee. I said that I want to cancel my account cell, and home phone but at least he gave me a chance to port my number over so that is what I am doing now.

Telus want me back again and offered an amazing deal.End of story.

We do hope that you change your mind on this.

I sent you a PM to go over this with you. Hope to talk to you soon. 

moontune
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Nothing happened so I selected it as a solution. Paid my bill $35 plus taxes which was a complete rip off as like I said I did not use or even add the service. This small amount lost you a loyal customer. I have a great deal with Wightman my local Internet provider. I am actually saving quite a bit. Thanks for getting back to me at least.

Hey @moontune,

We had sent you a PM to look into this but never heard back from you. 

I'm sending you another one now, keep an eye on your inbox.