cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on my account

cheylany
I'm a participant level 3

There was fraud on my account. My bill still hasn't been correctly adjusted, and the entire fraud department closes at 4pm? What kind of business is this? There's been no contact unless I reach out. Horrible customer service for an incident that is Fido's fault to begin with. How can lines be added, phones purchased, address changed, all without the authorization of the primary account holder? 

9 REPLIES 9

cheylany

Yeah, you're still lying. Also, your fraud department is lacking. Said my case was resovled, yet somehow I was charged this month with the fraudelent devices. SO, what should have been a $150 bill, is now $1800...does not sound resolved to me. 

Hello @cheylany,

When was your case considered resolved? It is possible the new bill has been not been generated yet? 

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @cheylany

If someone was able to make changes to your account, it would be because they had enough information about you to pass as you. Were you able to reach the fraud team? 

cheylany

Legit need name and phone number. You know how many people have that? You give that level of information if you want to sit in a restaurant. They don't need a lot of information. The issue still stands, the primary number needs to be contacted in order to change your account, which was not done. Shouldn't be able to purchase a $1300 phone without some ID.

Hi @cheylany !

I can assure you that someone would need to answer other security questions for customer service to be able to access the account.

We also have Voice ID as an option for authentication over the phone.

That said, it's even possible that this person would have had access to your online account and ordered the device through there!

Whatever the case may be, rest assured that we do take these situations very seriously. Did you get the chance to speak with the fraud department so they can reverse the changes and adjust the fees? 

cheylany
  • Stop saying these security measures were already in place when they weren't. I had them put on as a result of fraud. They asked after I reported the fraud "would you like security questions? We can also add voice recognition if you like." These aren't security features that you start with, you have to request them. So stop making it seem like anything else other than poor security. THEY DIDNT NEED TO ANSWER ANY SECURITY QUESTIONS. And no, your fraud team has yet to return a call, or pick up the phone. So I'm failing to see how you take fraud issues seriously. I'm still being charged fees I shouldn't be. I was able to get the line taken off because it was within 15 days. But I am still being charged for the ordered devices. 

Security questions are already in place to authenticate all customers, as soon as the account is created.

Someone would need more than only your name and phone number to be able to access the account or make changes, but we can certainly add more security steps if you ask for them. Smiley

We prioritize Voice ID since it has been made available, but we can of course only proceed with that once you call in.

That said, if you still haven't heard back from the fraud department at this time, we can take a look on our side as well.

You can contact us to get started, or we can also send you a private message through the Community, if that works best for you! 

cheylany

YOU ARE STRAIGHT UP LYING. Why don't you go to the recording, because our calls are recorded right? And hear for yourself. THEY ARE NOT ALREADY IN PLACE. This claim you make is completely, 100% false. So I'm not sure if you're completely unaware of what your company does, or you're trying to save face, but these security measures are not in place automatically. 

And they don't need more than a name and phone number, because I've called in for someone else just to test that, and that's all that was asked. Soooooo, not sure where we go from there, but if you want, I can keep testing this, record it, and send you the audio. 

Hey @cheylany

In order to access your account, someone would need more than your name and number. We would also suggest that you don't try accessing other people's account unless you're an authorized contact on them as this can be considered as fraud.