cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to pay for plan when I had not even received a SIM

LemonTea
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I came back to Fido on a Winback offer. My billing shows the cycle as Mar 23-Apr 22. However, the Winback member said the bill would start when I received and activated my sim card. I did not receive the sim card until Mar 28 and I have the FedEx tracking which shows I received the sim card Mar 28. And I activated it on the same date, Mar 28. But the billing still shows Mar 23 as the start date. I have been contacting the Fido team to make adjustments since Apr 26 and have talked to at least 3 team members but they keep telling me to wait for a phone call which I have not yet received. Could someone please help me with this?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello LemonTea,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note that these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. Unfortunately, we would not know what might have been previously discussed.

That said, in general, services are activated when customers signed-up (or in your case re-signed) for the sevices, not when they received or first used the SIM card. For example, customers signing up for services but choosing to wait a couple of months before first using their services would still be responsible for those couple of months service, even though they hadn't used those services.

I understand you may have been provided with different information. As mentioned, we would not know what was previously discussed. I also understand you are already awaiting a reply from customer service. However, if you wanted to discuss your issue, you would need to contact customer service again. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers