cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financing phone trap

parikhhardish20
I'm a participant level 2

When I newly entered in canada last year of 27 July 2021, I made a deal with fido network after one month I also finance the phone also but here the part came during documentation work the agent of fido was giving me fake discounts and try to hide the price of contract which 1900 dollars for s21 plus 128gb, by giving different promotions and other fake promotions. After 7 months I came to know that the phone which cost me 1900 dollars is actually has less price in market but as I said I was new to this country and this was my first country in my life I ever visited. So I don't the how things works . But I trusted the agent and didn't read the document properly and sign that . This mistake of mine cost me 1900 dollars . I am request other also please be careful while financing phone with fido they will try to empty your pockets. 

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAlex

Hey @parikhhardish20, welcome to the community, Alex here! 

It's perfectly normal to see different prices on the market on the full price of a device. The advantage that comes with financing a device with us, is that you get a monthly financing bill credit. 

For example, the S21 FE 128 GB is currently $1173 at full price, but only $14.58 per month (after the credit). That means you'll only be paying $349.92 + taxes after the 24 months. 

Hopefully, this clarifies! 😊

parikhhardish20

Hey there, first of all thanks for replying me, and second of all that explanation which has been provided by fido is not compatible because I am talking about S21 plus 128gb black color, I have given the down of around 400 dollars and now paying 103 dollars every month including everything. So in my case I am Not saving up anything with fido instead of that I am giving more to fido than the market price. That is my concern. 

Thank you,