cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know the difference between ENTRY TIER FINANCING and BYOP packages.

GGBOOM
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I changed from the 55 CAD/month BYOD package to the current 34 CAD/month ENTRY TIER FINANCING package. I want to know what the difference is between the two?

I use a mobile phone number and my own devices.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello GGBOOM,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note the forums are community-driven and are not intended as a venue for customer service. We would not have access to any details of specific plans you may be eligible to select. That said, the Plus Plan and Entry Plan financing options appear to be new offerings:

Plus vs Entry.jpg

~taken from Fido.ca

As far as I can tell, the Entry Plan appears to be one of their Basic-type plans. So some differences appear to be 3G data speeds and no Data Overage Protection. These are the other plan features and benefits of Basic plans:

Entry.jpg

~taken from Fido.ca

The Plus Plans appear to be the Data, Talk & Text plans. Assuming the BYOP plan you note is a Data, Talk & TExt plan, it would have access to 4G speeds, Data Overage Protection, etc.

If you do not intend on financing a new device, they also offer some BYOP Basic plans.

If you wished to enquire futher regarding differences between those plans, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers