cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data , changed phone financing

Justjunkjim
I'm a participant level 2

Hello all,  I have been a happy fido client for over 2 years and in December 2020 updated my original contract, new phone financed @ 36 @and new data 10 +10 @ 60 with taxes a bit over 110 .  all fine.

In March  2021? I receive a offer email. For 50g for $ 90.     Sound too good.  Click the link,  add the data, all good? Wrong  .   added data yes but this seems to have changed my financing as well. It took rogers some time to mail the paperwork, upon receipt. I see that my financing cost doubled. Yes the phone. Now cost double.  The original financing included a discount  , now it seem that has expired and is not offered.  I am Not a happy camper. 

Why would rogers offer? An existing client under a contract a change that voids a contract? 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Justjunkjim,

I'd recommend connecting with customer service to get some more information about what happened there. Click here for the various contact methods.

Justjunkjim

Well after 12 days waiting on a response ,fido backoffice contacted me , and after some discussion refused to make changes , however , I asked that the case be escalated,     2 days   later I was notified , that  the situation was reconsidered, and  the whole problem would be reversed.   That's nice ,    well 2 days ago I was notified of  the change taking place.  One catch , the  discounted financial   item was not  spelled out   on the phone I was told that the email was and  always is incomplete . And the  discount was indeed  in place and  no further action was necessary.