cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido is falling apart!

cap81
I'm a contributor level 1

So I logged into my account...I see a pop up saying that fido was offering me 5GB of free data for 10 months - Amazing! Very grateful, thank you. I accept it. I proceed to confirm such an offer and all of sudden everything fido related to me failed. I called twice to speak with someone and I put myself in a qeue for a call back...you know the message "you will not lose your place blah blah blah" ZERO call backs all day!!! Great start Fido! So I decide to try the chat app...108 in the qeue. They push the ask jack and fix the problem by yourself approach does  but it fails terribly. End of the day the only communication I get is the "no reply" email telling me I didn't get the offer. So thank you fido for waisting 3 hours of my life today. Thank you for instilling happiness and then immediately making it the worst experience.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoLony

Hey @cap81,

I'm sorry that you've had a hard time getting through our customer care team. We've been a bit busier than usual and this causes additional delays before reaching an agent.

Though, we have other servicing channels that you can reach out to for support! You can view them all here. here

cap81

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. While I appreciate the effort here I'm sorry to say it is the other platforms that are lagging. You can't leave customers in the dark like this. I'm in retail and I know that customer service is the most important thing. You can't have customers call fido because they need to speak with someone and then get promoted to leave a call back number and then receive NO call back. Like what's the point of that? The proper way this should be handled is...someone actually answers the phone and you speak to an agent. That would be the best option. However failing that and considering unforeseen circumstances (your short staffed or the volume of calls is higher) you present the leave your number for a call back option which is great however when you dont recieve a call back it defeats the purpose 💯. The chat feature online is terrible. Seems like they operating with a team of 5. The qeue is always way too high to expect your turn to actually come. Ask jack is useless. Any information I get from it can come from logging into my account online or on the app. It's a great platform for guidance but offers no real life problem solving. Bottom line the company is failing to instill consumer confidence when it comes to custom service. I was going to add a line for someone but due to this recent track record I went somewhere else and the experience was better and easier which is disappointing as a lifetime customer. The company really needs to step up it's game. Sorry for the rant but this has been a recurring them for me since November when I tried to renegotiate my plan and upgrade my phone and obviously couldn't get in touch with a human being. 

Hey @cap81, Alex here and I'll be happy to help.

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, that's definitely not how we want things to go. We do get quite busy at times so wait times can become longer, but things like you described certainly shouldn't happen.

I'm sad to see that you decided to go with another carrier for your additional line. Please know that if you still need help with something, not only can you call us or use the live chat on our website, but you can also send us a message directly on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The great thing with our social media platforms, is that you won't have to stay on the phone or in front of the live chat. 👍

cap81

Hey Fido Alex...thanks for reply and for the suggestions. Perhaps in the future I will look to social media as I haven't really considered that a viable option. Can you answer one thing for me though? Do you know why on January 11th I was offered something (5GB data) and I accepted it and then like 10 mins later it was revoked and taken away. This is the reason why I initially contacted Fido. I got an email documenting the offer and then the removal of such offer. If you could shed some light on that I would appreciate it. Many thanks!

Hi @cap81

Please reach out to us via the above channels as we'd need to access your account to check things out.

Thanks. 

cap81

Screenshot_20220118-145244~2.png

This is what happened on that day...very confusing to be honest. Logged into my account saw the offer accepted it and then 5-10mins later it was removed. Not a pleasant experience and then trying to talk to someone about it was the second disaster.