Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido customer service!

fido7861
I'm a participant level 2

Don't ever trust FIDO!  

I called on January 5th and was offerred a Google Pixel 6A phone for $5/month and a plan of $50/month.  I called back again on January 7th and was offerred the same phone but this time they sweetened the offer by giving me a plan for $35/month for 24 months plus a $50 credit.  Unfortunately due to some personal circumstances I wasn't able to finalize the plan and called back on weekend.  This was all noted on my account.

I chatted and called FIDO 5x on Sunday to get a hold of someone to validate the plan, all agents were in agreement that the plan and everything is okay but needed to escalate to close the sale.  I was on the phone on Sunday evening with someone who was about to close the deal but the FIDO closed for the day.  All interactions were noted on my account.

On Monday I called another 4x to FIDO and was put on hold for 2 hours then chatted with 2 agents.  Finally I got a hold of a manager of Customer retention and he told me that the agents that I spoke with on Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and Monday were incorrect and he could not honour the deal that was promised.   He told me to elsewhere for service!  He said that the other 5 agents were incorrect!  How can 5 people be wrong in pricing!  Do they not train their staff?

I am still awaiting a call from the President's office on this matter!  Bottom line......FIDO does not respect its customers and does not honour its commitment and pricing.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoValerie

Hey @fido7861

Welcome to the Community. Smiley

Did you end up hearing back from the Office of the President? 

We definitely want to ensure you get a solution to your satisfaction.

fido7861

Yes after calling 4x to get a resolution!  I promised a call back within 24-48 hours.  But I got call back 96 hours later!  However I hope all is resolved now.

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I would suggest advising your MP or preferred political party of this matter. They should know people's experiences with their telecoms so they can assess whether current regulations are adequate.

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

There are multiple grounds to complain about this. As you pointed out, a company has the responsibility (and. in Fido's case, the money) to train their staff properly. They can't negotiate and finalise a deal with you then back out at the last minute.

If the president's office doesn't put things right, your next step is to the CCTS https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/ and to your provincial consumer protection agency (look up who enforces consumer protection laws in your province).

In both cases, the law gives the benefit of the doubt to the consumer. Unlike most civil law that works on the balance of probabilities, consumer protection laws generally start on the premise that the consumer is correct anf the onus is on the business (Fido) to prove otherwise.