Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido credit check

KSherry
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I recently contacted Fido (online chat Customer care) for a new mobile plan. They took my CC details and other details and said I'll receive a new sim card in a couple of days. I waited for 5 days for the card and when nothing came in, contacted them again. To my surprise, the order didn't go through due to some reason and Fido didn't even care to inform me this. However, a hard credit check went through. I asked if they could let me know why my order didn't go through- No answer. When I asked them if they could retry, they said they'd have to place a new order and that would again run a new hard credit check. Woah!  I said how many points would that cost me and they answered 1-2 points. I said ok and got my account created. When I checked my credit score after a few weeks, it went down by 25 points! Twenty Five! Not 1 not 2, but 25!

Why did Fido lie to me? 2 credit checks , was it even needed with no fault of mine? Would someone look into this and let me know why this happened?

5 REPLIES 5

Fidos_Victim

Did you got help?

Apparently Fido do not care about scams. Their customer service couldn't even change my name which they had written wrong at first place. 

Typically Custome service will say case study got opened. And then good luck. 

Hello @Fidos_Victim,

I'm sad to hear about your experience as this isn't at all what we aim to provide you with. 

Feel free to contact us over these methods and we'll be happy to help.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @KSherry

That definitely does not sound like the kind of experience we want any of our customers to go through. It would be something we would have to take a closer look into through your account. 

To do so, you can contact us through any of the options available on this page here.

We can also send you a PM from here if you would prefer. Let us know!                                                                                                                     

KSherry

I don't want to get into the hassle of contacting CS again. I'd prefer you contacting me via PM

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Sending you a PM shortly @KSherry

Talk to you soon Smiley