cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido call forwarding [deactivation] disables calls going to voicemail

Confusedhere
I'm a contributor level 2

My issue is a follow-up to this thread: https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Fido-Home-Phone-Call-Forward/m-p/148888#M47401

While the wireless codes work (as the should) to activate the call forwarding features you want, once you deactivate them (at least in my case) my voicemail is disabled to callers. Instead, they receive a message saying the "caller is unavailble, try again later". 

Fido/Rogers tech support (level 2) is looking into this issue. I am have mini basic voicemail (which itself is a joke). 

5 REPLIES 5

Confusedhere

Just an update. The above issue isn't present with Rogers customers who are paying a premium. I imagine it will also be present with Shaw customers who migrate over to Fido in the coming months.

The same issue (or feature depending on your perpective) is also present on other brands like Chatr and PhoneBox which uses networks operated by Rogers Communications.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Confusedhere,

It sounds like you cleared your call forwarding at some point so you will need to forward it back to the voicemail deposit number.

Depending on your location you can try one of the deposit numbers listed here.

FidoSaira

I have replied to your other post! 

As for the voicemail, we off the standard version with our plans. You can always add a value pack on your account and benefit from an enhanced voicemail along with other features. Check it out here!

Confusedhere

I imagine Fido will be following Rogers and raising their value pack plan $3 to $10 as well?

Hey @Confusedhere!

We will have a monthly service fee Increase for Grandfathered Value Packs. The monthly service fee will increase by $3 per month plus taxes starting on the date of our customers first bill on or after February 9, 2021. Impacted customers will get the information about this change on their bill.

Hope this helps!