cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Store denied online upgrade customer to get the accessory credit deal

superrenyu
I'm a contributor level 1

I upgraded my phone onlin and went to First Markham Plaza (hwy 7/woodbine) Fido store to apply $120 accesory credit program (phoned the store before going to the store to check AirPods availability), but when I arrived the store, the staff told me they could not give me the offer if the phone upgrade was not dealed in store.

I am not sure if Fido will treasure customer and take serious action to make up the deal for me, but Fido do need to supervise the store to protect online customer's benefits and improve customer experience 

13 REPLIES 13

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @superrenyu,

I'm terribly sorry to learn about your experience, you should be able to have gotten the promotion in a Fido corporate store if they still had stock availability.

If you still need help with this, please contact us so we can look into it or we can send you a PM here on the community. Let us know what you prefer. 

superrenyu

I still want the promotion deal, please contact me if you could help on this

c95

Same experience here.  Wasted hours each day after my upgrade calling and going to stores but then was told that I didn't qualify despite a new online hardware upgrade.  Left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Hello @c95

This is note the type of experience that we want for our customers. For that offfer, customers had to visit a Fido-branded store to buy the accessory Partner retailers didn't offer that promotion.

For any assistance with your account, you can find all the ways to reach us here.

superrenyu

I followed all instructions from Fido customer service told me but Fido-branded store denied as I did not upgrade the phone online instead of in store.

if you really could help me to get the offer, please leave message here

c95

Hi @FidoKenny

Those are exactly the steps I took on multiple occasions.  Customer service told me I had to go to the Fido store, and multiple Fido flagship stores (not partner stores!) told me I needed authorization to do it.  I spent days trying to track this deal down.  Customer service wouldn't do anything.

Can you please let me know if you can help?

We've replied to you PM @c95. Smiley

superrenyu

Yes, I still need help to get the deal, please contact me, thank you 

@superrenyu

We received your PM concerning this. Talk to you soon.

superrenyu

Still waiting for your contacting 

We sent you a private message in your Fido Community inbox! Get back to us there to continue getting assistance with your situation! 😉

superrenyu

I replied the PM with contact Information and complete the secure form as well, look forward to your further support

Thanks! We got you back! You can just continue there. ðŸ˜Šâ€‹